Phantom 2 with Boscam 5.8Ghz 500mw Video Transmitter

Reaction score
I am getting my Phantom 2 next week and cannot seem to find a definitive answer anywhere around.
I am wanting to grab the FPV kit below:-
(The Storm All In One Easy) http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... -easy.html

It has the Boscam 5.8ghz video transmitter and I was wondering how it is powered with the Phantom 2? I understand that with the Phantom 1 you could use a splitter on the battery but with the enclosed type battery on the Phantom 2 I am not sure how it is powered. I have seen a cable that plugs into the Phantom 2 (You remove the included Cam cable) but I am not sure if that works in this case.

I just want the FPV for the GoPro shots (So I can see what is being filmed) as opposed to FPV flying as I'll probably stick to line of sight.

Hope someone can answer me?
Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt,
The Phantom 1 uses the balance lead on the battery to power the transmitter. As you rightly said, the Phantom 2 uses the same enclosed battery as the Vision. If you look underneath the body you'll see a bunch of un-terminated coloured cables. These provide power to the transmitter, plus vidoe out from the GoPro. You'll just need to solder them up

Cheers
Adrian

phantasm said:
Hi Matt,
The Phantom 1 uses the balance lead on the battery to power the transmitter. As you rightly said, the Phantom 2 uses the same enclosed battery as the Vision. If you look underneath the body you'll see a bunch of un-terminated coloured cables. These provide power to the transmitter, plus vidoe out from the GoPro. You'll just need to solder them up

Cheers
Adrian

I was looking at the same system, you say solder………could I put male / female plugs on to make it removable ?

Thanks

FASTFJR said:
phantasm said:
Hi Matt,

Cheers
Adrian

I was looking at the same system, you say solder………could I put male / female plugs on to make it removable ?

Thanks

Those are some pretty small wires to use connectors. I soldered all mine was able to run them into the body. Just unplug the transmitter if you want to remove it. It has removable connections.

What are the expected flight times with a 500mw transmitter? Anyone already using this setup? How far can you go in a citylike environment?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.