phantom 2 will zenmuse work with gopro 2 ?

Reaction score
Will my phantom2 zenmuse control hero2 camera ? should i try ? or am i risking something ?

Phisycaly when evrything is off it sits properly into zenmuse ....

DJI says it's calibrated for the Hero3 (weight I'm assuming?). You say it physically fits and plugs into the gimbal though? Sounds like you'd just need to fashion a bigger restraining strap to go on the front.

I was asking this as well, but it is still unanswered as to why it wont fit the H2.

Physically it fits, front back everything can be made to fit - no issue.

The question is about power/signal/pins and weight calibration so basically what I m lookin for is if someone has tried it already.

it will not work. weight and size is different. a hero 3 is the only thing that will work on a zenmuse.

thanks for your replies, general consensus is that it wont work , but if anyone was brave enough to try it -- let me know

You will burn out the gimbal motors. Gimbal is designed to carry a very specific weight.

ianwood said:
You will burn out the gimbal motors. Gimbal is designed to carry a very specific weight.

I've been flying mine with a Gopro Hero HD (even bigger than the H2) and my motors have never even flinched or got warm

It turns on and charges with the phantom 2, but i get no video out like I would with the H3.

H2 does work 100%.

neiloakley said:
ianwood said:

I've been flying mine with a Gopro Hero HD (even bigger than the H2) and my motors have never even flinched or got warm

It turns on and charges with the phantom 2, but i get no video out like I would with the H3.

H2 does work 100%.

Nice to know this!!!

chopperflyer said:
if you read the spec's of the 2 camera's it will tell you the firmware is different and the weight is different and size.

Yes - but they all fit in the Zenmuse.

The only difference between the models is no video out is available through the rear socket on the Hero HD so you wont get FPV unless you use the AV out socket on the side and bypass the zenmuse board.

I've used my old Gopro Hero 1 the first fligth.. it worked.. but after a couple of minutes it seemed the gimball turned itself off, then when you move the slider it sometimes worked again. Not sure on the Hero 2 (weight), but I got a 3+ and now it works perfectly.

scratch009 said:
I've used my old Gopro Hero 1 the first fligth.. it worked.. but after a couple of minutes it seemed the gimball turned itself off, then when you move the slider it sometimes worked again. Not sure on the Hero 2 (weight), but I got a 3+ and now it works perfectly.

when you say it worked with the Hero1, does that include the video coming through the gimball for FPV? Thats the only bit i never got to work.

If you put anything other than an H3 in an H3 gimbal, you're gimbal will eventually die. It may take 9 months but it will die. Basic physics.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj