Phantom 2 will not turn on and flash lights

P

Pippin

Just received a new Phantom 2 from B&H Photo yesterday. I already own a Phantom 1.1.1. Opened it up, installed the gimbal,
DJI 5.8 video link and iOSD Mini. Connected the USB cord to the iOSD Mini to install the latest software. Pressed the battery
button once, then again to start the Phantom. 4 Battery lights and the red button flashed, then shut off. Phantom wouldn't start
nor red and green lights flash. Battery was fully charged. Checked wiring, installed accessories, everything in place, no problems.
Tried repeatedly to start the Phantom with no luck. What gives? Is this fixable by me or do I need to return it to B&H Photo for an exchange?

One "quick" press of the power button, then a longer press for a few seconds until all the lights go on. Are you doing a long press the second time?

Thanks to both of you. Yes, I wasn't holding down the second press long enough. All set now. Wasn't looking forward to driving 100 miles to downtown NYC to B&H Photo to discuss the problem. Why can't there be a hobby store selling DJI products in every state?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic