Phantom 2 waterproof

This was the comment on the video:

We performed a specialized chemical treatment to a DJI Phantom and completely waterproofed it. This was our first test and it was successful! We will perform a few more tests on other DJI Phantoms to ensure we have the process down before we start offering the service to our customers. Subscribe to our channel for up to date information on our waterproofing project and other amazing EZDrone projects we are working on. Find us at www.ezdrone.com

They likely have a similar process as liquipel.

I was in North Queensland a couple of weeks ago and the Phantom ended up in a tree across a fresh water stream. The team got it down but one of them slipped and put it in the stream. I washed it out and the next day it worked okay. It went down into salt water later the next day and as I found the combo of salt and 11.1v kicks the rusting process off fright away. When AC ESCs get salt water on them they are EOL. The real killer I found was the internal surface rust on the motors which cannot be protected. Having now ordered a replacement Phantom I'll be taking as many waterproof precautions I can but the only foolproof safeguard is to make sure when it hits the water it floats above your circuit boards and motors. Putting a air chambers on the landing gear and asecurity camera dome around your gimbal/gopro is most probably your best bet at a cost of extra payload and reduced fly time.

Here's my splash down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me9jhIMhr-o

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj