Phantom 2 vs V 1.1.1

Reaction score
Wanted to get some advice, looking at purchasing a Phantom but having some trouble on deciding between the Phantom v 1.1.1 or the new Phantom 2. Logic says go with the newer model Phantom 2, but a bit concerned with the charging time of Phantom 2 batteries. Is the flight time that much different. I did see the DSLRPros video comparing the two versions, but somewhat concerned that might just be their sales pitch to get rid of existing stock?
What do you guys think, would you get a Phantom 1.1.1 or a Phantom 2?
I do plan on using this for aerial video type projects.
I also plan on adding a Futaba controller and TX, FPV , OSD and the anti-gravity motors with carbon blades.
thank You for your time.

I saw the DSLRPRO video and felt it was a bit inflated but they have a point - you can put a Hero on a Phantom 1 and get great videos. The big difference - to me and I haven't purchased the Phantom 2 yet - but will probably be doing so - is the flight time. I had my Phantom 1 up in a fairly stiff wind and reasonably high altitude to catch a deer run on an abandoned golf course. It was only up about 5 minutes and pretty far away when I noticed it was responding slowly to altitude increases. I brought it closer and the red light was blinking. By the time I got it to a safe landing area (I was mostly in overgrowth and forest) the thing was coming down whether I wanted it to or not. Full throttle at landing but it was OK. Wind is a killer of power reserves.

I think I'm saying that the increased flight time and payload of the 2 may be worth it. I'm not sure about the DJI camera and am considering the 2 with the Zenmuse gimbal and sticking with my Hero 3+. An extra battery ($$) is also needed but if I can get a total of 40 minutes flight time, that will be good enough for most situations and certainly better than the Phantom 1 with four extra batteries.

sup858 said:
Wanted to get some advice, looking at purchasing a Phantom but having some trouble on deciding between the Phantom v 1.1.1 or the new Phantom 2. Logic says go with the newer model Phantom 2, but a bit concerned with the charging time of Phantom 2 batteries. Is the flight time that much different. I did see the DSLRPros video comparing the two versions, but somewhat concerned that might just be their sales pitch to get rid of existing stock?
I also plan on adding a Futaba controller and TX, FPV , OSD and the anti-gravity motors with carbon blades.
thank You for your time.

desculpem la, sou novo nisto, ESTOU Interessado los comprar hum dji fantasma, Onde POSSO comprar online? ja ágora podiam me ajudar não Modelo, Nao me queria alongar Muito nenhuma PREÇO, POR 500 € ja compro UMA Coisa de Jeito?
Cumprimentos

andrerocha2010.ar said:
sup858 said:
thank You for your time.

desculpem la, sou novo nisto, ESTOU Interessado los comprar hum dji fantasma, Onde POSSO comprar online? ja ágora podiam me ajudar não Modelo, Nao me queria alongar Muito nenhuma PREÇO, POR 500 € ja compro UMA Coisa de Jeito?
Cumprimentos

This is a english fórum, so you need to write on english.

Um português aqui? Você pode comprar nos distribuidores DJI oficiais, estão aqui: http://www.dji.com/dealer/phantom-2-dealers/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31