Phantom 2 vs. Phantom 2 Vision

I currently have the P2V. Does this mean I can take off the stock camera and put in the ZenMuse Gimbal in it's place instead? Would I need to do anything else besides plug in the two connectors?

ZonComGMZ said:
I currently have the P2V. Does this mean I can take off the stock camera and put in the ZenMuse Gimbal in it's place instead? Would I need to do anything else besides plug in the two connectors?

I think you might have to do more research on that, as I've been hearing how the P2 comes with video-cables specific for the H3-2d, unsure if those are the same cables that connect to the P2V camera (tho kind of doubt it).

I've also heard that the mounting holes are a bit different on the P2V or something?

Phantom Vision flight transmitter/receiver works on 5.8ghz and the FPV from it works on 2.4ghz wifi.

This is of critical importance when considering what to buy. The Phantom 2 uses standard 2.4ghz (not wifi) for flight which makes upgrading it a lot easier as, like the v1.1.1 it is compatible with aftermarket Transmitters from the get go (increasing reliability and range).

It looks a lot like the Vision can be modded (in the future if not now) to turn it into a Phantom 2 but you will lose the iOS/Android Phone ability if you decide to go that route I'm pretty sure the Phantom 2 firmware expects to see a 2.4ghz flight RX/TX (which is why the vision has its own software). You will likely also have to lose the camera so you can then flash the firmware for Phantom 2 Naza Mv2 standard firmware (not Vision firmware).

The Main Boards on both seem to be identical and both have Zenmuse, canbus and FPV ports so it all comes down to software, firmware and recievers.

If you just want an 'out of the box' flying camera (so to speak) and you don't think you will ever want more flight range, more FPV options and more TX functions then go for the Vision. If, like many, you will be looking for an upgrade path (longer range FPV and flight) then go for the Phantom 2. Right now the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse is MUCH better value for money IMO but you of course have to pre-own a Hero3 for that to be the case!

If you own a Phantom Vision I think you can at least be pleased that you almost certainly can make it a Phantom 2 in the near future but you will likely need to sacrfice the elements that you paid more money for in the first place to do so. You will then have to spend even more to get it to Phantom 2 stage (different RX or better still a Full Range TX/RX combo).

Food for thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj