Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Anyone know the best way to modify the internal antennas on the birdside of the P2V? Also is it worth changing the GPS antenna on the shell? I have the itelite panel MOD done on the controller, I'm thinking of getting the Dipoles from fpvlr. The camera mod seems fairly straightforward, however I'm not sure how to do the 5.8 ghz MOD. Any input is appreciated.

Hi Mike,

Here's how to do the bird side 5.8 mod.

Be careful, most people screw this up and have to buy a new receiver board.

To not screw it up, follow these instructions: Black Glue of Death removal instructions

Here is how to do the bird side FPV mod:

I've found the easiest way to get the ufl out/in there is to bend the board down with your fingernail to make room so you can remove/insert the old/new ufl off/on the jack. Also, I drilled a small hole in the camera plastic near the connection to route the cable through. I've found this makes it easier to route the cable and eliminates the risk of pinching when you reassemble the camera. I use a 6 inch cable.

Re the GPS antenna, I haven't seen the need to do that yet but I might do it someday - it seems pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
How's the stock antenna(birdside)distance on the P2V? I am more concerned with the FPV. How far can stock go before the remote control loses contact with the bird? I know interference will affect distance, but will stock work at 5000 feet? Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj