phantom 2 vision+

Reaction score
can the vision + be flown in stick relativity mode all the time want to buy a phantom but like the blade350qx2 for the safe mode it has if so is it easy to set up or comes with it out of the box thanks.

pouch said:
can the vision + be flown in stick relativity mode all the time want to buy a phantom but like the blade350qx2 for the safe mode it has if so is it easy to set up or comes with it out of the box thanks.

I had the Blade 350 QX before Phantom 2 v+.

Short answer: YES

Long answer:
It does not have "stick relativity" enabled out of the box. Also note that "stick relativity" or "safe mode" or "green mode" as it is sometimes called is how Blade named it. It is not a convention in the RC world that it is called like that, so expect some confusion when you ask someone who never saw a Blade quad about that. ;)

In the Phantom world, that mode is called "Home Lock". On the remote you have a switch(labeled as S2) on the top left side that is used to enter that mode. You can have that switch always in Home Lock mode position, and always fly like that. However there are few catches.
1. It has to be enabled beforehand on the computer in the phantom software(Assistant)
2. There is no safe circle like you had with the 350qx(that might be a good thing)
3. There is though another type of circle. 10 meters around you Home Lock is actually behaving like Course Lock. Which is a mode that Blade does not have. There is also some pecularities what happens when you get further away and come back. When first exiting the circle the Home Lock will get engaged, but if you return back under 10 meters it will revert to Course Lock and stay in Course Lock even if you get out of the 10 meters again(you'll have to manually re-flick the switch out and in Home Lock to enable it again) that is at least what the manual is saying. I have used it so little that I can not say for sure.

Manual about Home Lock and Course Lock:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... on_Control

Video about the modes and how to enable them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prs7txS_NDA
[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Prs7txS_NDA[/youtube]

All that being said. I believe you will not use it. That is what happened in my case. I also get used to it on the 350 QX, but when I started flying the Phantom 2 vision+ I realized that any orientation problems can easily be solved by looking at the phone/tablet where you now have a live view of what the craft is pointed at.
And Home Lock will even introduce some confusion when you are actually looking at the screen. Since then you want that the craft moves with respect to what you see on the screen(like in a video game). If you are in Home Lock that would not be so!
So I see the Home Lock more as a method of safety, if I fly out and lose video feed for some reason. I can flick into Home Lock and pull on the right stick down until it returns into view. Although you also have full fail safe mode with completely autonomous return and land(like on the Blade 350 QX)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20