Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
If i opted for the Phantom 2 Vision, could i upgrade to Phantom 2 Vision+ (Plus) by adding a gimbal and hero camera at a later date?

Thanks for this

Would this also apply to the DJI Phantom FC40 Quadcopter Drone.

mrpp said:
Would this also apply to the DJI Phantom FC40 Quadcopter Drone.

Most of the upgrade information should be applicable. The FC40 also uses a 5.8 Ghz control system. The 2.4 Ghz FPV system is fully self-contained within the camera. The FC40 FPV system provides no telemetry. The aircraft itself is actually a Phantom 1.1, so you have a smaller battery. I would imagine you could purchase a Phantom 2 shell and the battery connector, swap over the electronics, and then use Phantom 2 batteries for longer flight times.

Ok, sounds like the Phantom 2 Vision + is obviously the one to get, just a bit worried having it as my first quad with no experience.

The Vision+ is the way to go IMHO. Its ready to go out-of-the-box. Of all the RC I've flown, and I have flown a lot, the Phantom is the easiest to fly. Just make sure you read the manual cover-to-cover several times so you are THOROUGHLY FAMILIAR with the aircraft, the meanings of the LED indicators, the controls, and especially how to regain manual control should an RTH occur. Perform the training exercises described in the manual until you gain a feel for how the aircraft responds. Fly slowly & cautiously at first because it can be hard to judge the distance between objects & your Phantom. Stay higher than objects and you don't have to worry about hitting them! ;)

Dirty Bird Thank you. I assume any control of camera on drone can only be adjusted via app (tablet etc) and not via hand held controls. Shame DJI don't incorporate a monitor on controls.

I can confirm that the Phantom is much easier than you imagine to fly.
And having the FPV on a phone or small tablet is no worry.
Really it only takes 10 minutes to learn the basics of flying it - but it takes a lot more practice to be really good.
What it takes is lots of reading and practice so you understand how it works, what can go wrong and how to manage these things to make sure they don't go wrong.
The machine has a tremendous amount of clever tech and smart programming built in.
The biggest worry for some beginners is that it is so easy they can get too adventurous too soon.

So really spend the cash, go for the 2 vision + and take it easy :D

mrpp said:

A friend's wife recently asked me which to get for her husband. He has no flying RC experience, but he has tons of RC car experience. He is also a moder- loves to tinker with stuff and upgrade the hell out of everything.

I would normally recommend an vision+ to someone that wants a great experience out of the box. You can add FPVLR or Horizon antennas, you can upgrade the motors and props, add a flytrex core, get the full version of Ground Station to work with a 900Mhz system, etc.

With a Phantom 2 (non-vision), the sky is the limit... Gimbal, camera, lightbridge, etc gives someone like my friend a whole lot more tinkering to do, but it isn't capable of what the vision+ is right out if the box.

If you are a mod guy, and want lots of options, and have the cash, go with a P2. If not, grab a P2V+. Good luck. Either way, it's a blast. BTW, it seems a <slightly> improved version of the P2V+ Is about to hit the shelves.

DrJoe said:
mrpp said:

BTW, it seems a <slightly> improved version of the P2V+ Is about to hit the shelves.
Interesting to know, any idea when, what the improvement will be?

Thanks, " The tilt control" nice, when to buy that is the question....

mrpp said:

The new model appears to be the same price as the current version so, if you want the new one, just hang tight until you see dealers begin stocking them. You may be waiting for a bit before they become available.

If the tilt control is your biggest thing, you will be able to add that to the current Vision+ once DJI releases the next version of the app for the price of the tilt control lever ($10).

This is in another thread, and they seem to me making quite a nice offer to keep current stock moving...

by dronesetc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm

We are located in the "South East" of Salt Lake County if that counts... :)
Were were authorized to discount $50 off of our Vision Plus inventory for a few days only. (yes, it is because of the new slightly updated Phantom coming out and yes, we will offer the new remote control and props with the 'old' Vision Plus for free) Purchase a Vision Plus now at $50 off and as soon as the new controllers and props come in we will send them to you at no additional cost. Dronesetc

Other thread:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28257

I guess unless the dealer states it is the "upgraded" version, no real way of knowing what motors it has or what controller it has unless ofcourse the dealer is close enough to go in and see the hardware before buying. Will it get a new name or version to identify?

Dirty Bird said:
mrpp said:

If the tilt control is your biggest thing, you will be able to add that to the current Vision+ once DJI releases the next version of the app for the price of the tilt control lever ($10).
How would you add a dial as shown on image here?

Attachments

• D Phantom 3.jpg
    D Phantom 3.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 241

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.