PHANTOM 2 VISION+ Wont calibrate? Help?

Reaction score
Can't get my Phantom to calibrate during the second step- pointing the nose to the ground while turning 360 degrees. I can get green lights on the first step, but not the second.

Any suggestions?

Mine is sometimes reluctant and takes two attempts to calibrate the compass. Have you plugged your bird into the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant and calibrated the IMU?

No. The only option I see in the Assistant software under IMU is to reset it. It has been like this for the past 3 days.

I have seen people hold the nose to the ground and spin around and I have seen people hold the nose to the ground and stand still and revolve the craft around the rotors axis like spinning it clockwise. Mine works either way ??

darthvader said:
No. The only option I see in the Assistant software under IMU is to reset it. It has been like this for the past 3 days.

Look again

You should have a button that says "Check IMU Status". If it is greyed out then you need to turn on your RC controller as well as the bird.

Attachments

• Assistant.png
    Assistant.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 493
This is what it said when I clicked it and yes, I had to turn on the RC controller as well: No need calibration.calibration procedure can be skipped.

Okay, well you could do an advanced IMU calibration anyway and see if that improves the behavior of your compass, but you'd need to put the bird on a completely level surface (checked with a spirit level) and make sure the bird is not near any objects with magnetic influence (metal, speakers, electronic devices etc.).

Also, you'd need to do this with the Phantom cold and ignore the alert that tells you it is too warm (that's a just bug in the software)

darthvader said:
Can't get my Phantom to calibrate during the second step- pointing the nose to the ground while turning 360 degrees. I can get green lights on the first step, but not the second.

Any suggestions?

What do you get instead of green lights?
Wish we could see a screen shot of the your screen just like the above one.

to complete the IMU calibration click advanced and then calibrate it. The process might stop and say something about mc being to hot. just click past it and the process should complete.

edited to add: Did you have any kind of event that could have, say loosened connections inside. Also before you open the bird you might try unplugging and reseating the compass cable. it is easy to pull them out where maybe one part of the process fails while the others work. Lets get this fixed now in my opinion.

I notice on the screen grab a few posts up the drone is in NAZA mode, is there a difference in calibration between phantom and naza modes, and is the light sequence the same??

locoworks said:
I notice on the screen grab a few posts up the drone is in NAZA mode, is there a difference in calibration between phantom and naza modes, and is the light sequence the same??

I don't think there is a difference in calibration between Phantom and Naza M mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj