phantom 2 vision + with attached prop guards

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a transport case that can accommodate this configuration along with the controller and other items necessary for flight?

I am trying to avoid their removal each time I need to transport the unit to a flying location and then again upon return......

I would seriously ditch the prop guards.. IMHO they do more harm than good... Props are cheap.. Hand catch it!

From all the reading I've done, I would have to agree.

I never put on my prop guards. I sent them back to Amazon minus $5 for return shipping.

I crashed that + and sold it for $800. Now my new one is coming with "free" prop guards due to the B&H Photo Video 4th of July promotion. :? I guess I will have to sell those on eBay.

srandall25 said:
I would seriously ditch the prop guards.. IMHO they do more harm than good... Props are cheap.. Hand catch it!

+1

srandall25 said:

I am curious about why you think they "do more harm than good"?

I have seen vids with a phantom fitted with prop guards hitting a tree at 30 feet up and simply bouncing off and continuing to fly......it seems the guards do more than just protect the props at landing, without them the craft would have crashed and likely sustain damage......thus they can save the entire aircraft and also it seems they could prevent a sharp prop from seriously slicing someone if it comes down in the wrong place.

What am I missing?

Rgsinsc...as you can see the conventional wisdom has become that the prop guards do more harm than good. Unfortunately, there's not one shred of evidence to support it. If you like the prop guards, use them; if not, take them off. I've flown mine both ways and can tell no difference. They're currently off mainly because, like you, they won't fit in my case. I've considered the Atlanta Hobby quick connects but, IMHO they are grossly over-priced at around $35.

rgsinsc said:
srandall25 said:

I am curious about why you think they "do more harm than good"?

I have seen vids with a phantom fitted with prop guards hitting a tree at 30 feet up and simply bouncing off and continuing to fly......it seems the guards do more than just protect the props at landing, without them the craft would have crashed and likely sustain damage......thus they can save the entire aircraft and also it seems they could prevent a sharp prop from seriously slicing someone if it comes down in the wrong place.

What am I missing?

It's "horses for courses" as regards the prop guards. If you fly in the North American continent in vast spaces such as we see in many videos then prop guards can probably be dispensed with. If you fly in an urban area of any kind however where people are likely to be, then flying with out them is irresponsible. A runaway Phantom coming down in a populated area without prop guards could be the difference of a young child getting a nasty gash on the side of the face and losing an eye. Suggestion anywhere near people keep them on.

Yeah I agree 35.00 is wY to high. Don't understand why you hVe to gouge the customers! I could see if the guards were included.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl