Phantom 2 vision+ V3 with very hot gimbal

Reaction score
I have a problem with the gimbal. The upper part of the gimbal is very hot when stationary (2-3 min.).
Does anyone know what the problem is ?

Bjorn76 said:
I have a problem with the gimbal. The upper part of the gimbal is very hot when stationary (2-3 min.).

If you have the clamp removed then you may have a binding motor. I have seen them catch on fire and still work kind of....

Jeremy James

Bjorn76 said:

The gimbal motors do get warm, but they shouldn't be "HOT". They can get hot if the gimbal guard is left on for a long time when the Phantom is on......or if the motor is jammed as mentioned by the previous poster. If you lift the phantom and angle it up and down, rotate left and right etc, does the gimbal move in all directions as you would expect?

The camera and gimbal works perfectly normal, sometimes he does weird things. The problem comes from the upper axes (part where sd card inserted), which makes some silent noise and get hot

Bjorn76 said:
The camera and gimbal works perfectly normal, sometimes he does weird things. The problem comes from the upper axes (part where sd card inserted), which makes some silent noise and get hot

That sounds like your yaw motor may be binding.

Jeremy James

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20