Phantom 2 Vision v3.0 self landing issues.

Reaction score
Just updated my Phantom 2 Vision from the version 2 to the Version 3.0 and since then, if I let the craft land itself, it will come down, and hover on the ground and drift until either I take control or it runs into something. Ran into a car stop in the parking lot, and today, it flipped over on the dirt. In both cases I have damaged my blades because it is not shutting down.

UAV Pilot 4 Fun
Phantom 2 Vision
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

UAV Pilot 4 fun said:
Just updated my Phantom 2 Vision from the version 2 to the Version 3.0 and since then, if I let the craft land itself, it will come down, and hover on the ground and drift until either I take control or it runs into something. Ran into a car stop in the parking lot, and today, it flipped over on the dirt. In both cases I have damaged my blades because it is not shutting down.

UAV Pilot 4 Fun
Phantom 2 Vision

If you let it land itself? Do you mean that you initiate an RTH sequence?

-slinger

Yes, I did it to demo it's return feature to co-workers in the parking and that was almost a good demo. Then today, I lots it up I the air and I gave it the RTH command, then I went looking for it, and when I came back to the starting point, it had came back home and landed, then flipped upside down before I got back to it.

UAV Pilot 4 Fun
Phantom 2 Vision

I guess no one else is having this problem, just me :-(

Well I done a recall on the nav, both basic and advanced, and I guess it is time to test it once again.

Phantom 2 Vision
UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
Cypress TX

I always hand catch just for this reason, even in rth mode I still catch it because the lighest of breeze can tip it over.

I had the same issue. It didn't tip over but it did drift into things if I didn't stop it. What i ended up doing is fiddling with the gain settings and that seemed to have fixed it. But the new software does take a while to actually shut off the props but I'd rather that than the silly bouncing it used to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl