Phantom 2 vision transmitter chip broken

Reaction score
While installing a new antenna on my P2V transmitter the clip broke off on the control board chip. It is a 20 pin plug in chip on the control board. Hoping I could get a new chip to replace it and called DJI. They told me the chip not available and just go buy a new transmitter with all I need is this 5.8 chip. Or go to my dealer and get a replacement from him. I did it and why dump it on him with just need the chip and where to turn to now? :?:

Is it a "Clip" or a chip that broke off.

You seem to be saying is a 20 pin chip.

Do you mean a standard dual in line IC with 10 pins down each side.

When you say its broken off. What do you mean?

Have you snapped the whole circuit board with that part of the chip on it.

If you know someone with a good soldering iron, they may be able to solder it back onto the board (its surprising what its possible to do). However one note of caution, if you do end up resoldering a chip back on, I'd recommend you cover it in glue afterwards as solder is quite brittle and will not withstand a lot of vibrations

If its a "chip" and its a standard part, you may be able to buy a new one from somewhere like mouser.com
(However if its a programmable chip, like a micro-controller, you are out of luck as it will contain DJI code that can't be duplicated")

It has a 10 pin x 2 on the bottom that plugs into the transmitter control board. Part I broke off was soldered and where the antenna plugs into it. Now just the male pin sticking up and on the side of that where the plug was soldered to it. It is a silver chip on the board. I suppose I can try soldering it with can't get the chip from DJI and they just say buy a whole new transmitter! Or take it back to the dealer and see if he will replace it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31