Phantom 2 Vision+ to Phantom 3 Standard. Worth it?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm really considering upgrading my bird to the Phantom 3 Standard. My Phantom 2 Vision+ has been a great servant but i feel the better camera quality of the Phantom 3 Standard will improve my videos considerably.

Has anybody done this upgrade or P3S owners offer any reviews? What are the improvements/cons of doing the upgrade?

Any advice appreciated guys :)

Cheers, Ben

I looked into getting a used vision2+ for a while and settled on the phantom3 4k. There are differences with the phantom3 standard and the 4k. The transmitter on the 4k is the same as the advanced and pro, but the phantom 3 standard has The same transmitter as the vision 2+. Also, video shot in 4k coded to 1080p looks better than video shot in 1080p. The advanced and pro has way farther range using litchi or whatever

I am new to this hobby and have only had the 4k for a few weeks, total of maybe 6 flights, not including test hovers and straight verticals.
I did a lot of research into the standard vs the 4k, and it just so happened that the 4k was on sale at a box store near me for 600$, which was only 100 more than the standard so i went with the 4k and never looked back.
I felt the better transmitter and camera were worth the 100$ extra, and i still do. Just my 2 cents

Hi guys,

I'm really considering upgrading my bird to the Phantom 3 Standard. My Phantom 2 Vision+ has been a great servant but i feel the better camera quality of the Phantom 3 Standard will improve my videos considerably.

Has anybody done this upgrade or P3S owners offer any reviews? What are the improvements/cons of doing the upgrade?

Any advice appreciated guys :)

Cheers, Ben
Hi Ben,
I have a P2V+ and a P3P. The Lightbridge on the P3A and P3P is so much better than the wifi. Also, the P3 Standard lens does not unscrew. You are limited to slip-on lens filters. I also think the gimbal is not as powerful on the Standard.

Get the P3A or P3P. I don't think the Standard is much of an upgrade from your Vision.

Hi Fplvert,

That is a great description, thank you for that. So stick with the P2V+ until I can afford the P3A/P, got it.

Thank you

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20