Phantom 2 Vision seems heavier in rear?

Reaction score
I've had my 2 vision since this past friday and the only time there has been an incident is when it was landing or taking off. It almost seems like its heavier in the rear. When I take off it seems to lean back a little. If I barely make it lift off it will fly backwards and land on the rear props.. Dont know if the rest of them are like this or not..

I bought it from amazon, so i should be able to return it if its not normal

The problem is most likely an issue with the GPS stabilizing it on takeoff. The Phantom 2 prefers a takeoff at full throttle. Once you're 10 or so feet in the air, your Phantom should be stable.

Reactions: dirkclod
The problem is most likely an issue with the GPS stabilizing it on takeoff. The Phantom 2 prefers a takeoff at full throttle. Once you're 10 or so feet in the air, your Phantom should be stable.

Yea, if i full throttle to take off, there is no issue. Thanks for the reply.

I feel like i shouldve paid an extra 600 and got the Phantom 3 Pro.. Sighs

Yea, if i full throttle to take off, there is no issue. Thanks for the reply.

I feel like i shouldve paid an extra 600 and got the Phantom 3 Pro.. Sighs

I know what you mean about the P3P but get some flying experience with your Vision then at a later date you can then upgrade;) that's what I'm doing:)

I've only been flying since the beginning of the year so yep I'm new to all this tooooo. Gota start somewhere;)

I know what you mean about the P3P but get some flying experience with your Vision then at a later date you can then upgrade;) that's what I'm doing:)

I've only been flying since the beginning of the year so yep I'm new to all this tooooo. Gota start somewhere;)

Yea, I wish there was a cheaper solution to installing a GoPro with FPV on my vision..

I just took it for another flight and i am thinking that i need to tell my iphone to forget the other wifi access points because it seems once the drone gets past 700ft my fpv stops working and when i check my phone it shows that i am connected to my home wifi.. which is weird because the access point is mounted to the controller and that should have a great signal, just not to the camera.. Might have to upgrade the FPV antennas or something

I've had mine out 900ft which I was quite pleased with but then pooo'd me pants so bought it back.

Get it to a descent height then try again. I always put my iPhone into airplane mode then flying sooo no phone calls/text/emails come through.

Lots of people in this forum have modded there antennas which you can do a search for but the best thing to start with would be upgrading your wifi extender. RE500 is the stock wifi ext you get with the vision but you can upgrade to a RE700 which would give ya more FPV range. The 700 is what on the Vision + models & is compatible with ours;)

Hope this helps ya;)

I've had mine out 900ft which I was quite pleased with but then pooo'd me pants so bought it back.

Get it to a descent height then try again. I always put my iPhone into airplane mode then flying sooo no phone calls/text/emails come through.

Lots of people in this forum have modded there antennas which you can do a search for but the best thing to start with would be upgrading your wifi extender. RE500 is the stock wifi ext you get with the vision but you can upgrade to a RE700 which would give ya more FPV range. The 700 is what on the Vision + models & is compatible with ours;)

Hope this helps ya;)

Awesome. Thank you..

So I can upgrade to the RE700 and nothing else will need to be done? It'll just work?

Awesome. Thank you..

So I can upgrade to the RE700 and nothing else will need to be done? It'll just work?

Yep dead right;) other members on here have upgraded to the RE700 & say it's a MASSIVE.... Improvement.

All you would need to do is rebind the camera to your new RE700. Loads of topics on here of how to do it;)

Yea, I wish there was a cheaper solution to installing a GoPro with FPV on my vision..

I just took it for another flight and i am thinking that i need to tell my iphone to forget the other wifi access points because it seems once the drone gets past 700ft my fpv stops working and when i check my phone it shows that i am connected to my home wifi.. which is weird because the access point is mounted to the controller and that should have a great signal, just not to the camera.. Might have to upgrade the FPV antennas or something
Disabling ...Ask to join other networks..is a good idea ;)

Reactions: Clampit

Here ya go.. Took mine out this morning & got this distance on stock gear, not upgrades;)
image.jpg

Might of been able to have gone that little bit further but me pooper went:eek:

Bought it back in fail safe mode;)

Here ya go.. Took mine out this morning & got this distance on stock gear, not upgrades;)View attachment 22948

Might of been able to have gone that little bit further but me pooper went:eek:

Bought it back in fail safe mode;)

Haha. That's a good distance. So, the first reply to my thread said it could be something wrong with my GPS, is that something I should be concerned about? I can still return it if that's not what it should do.. I would like it to perform the way DJI intended..

Mine lands flat, well with a small amount of buffering but that's normal.

As per msingers post, take off with full throttle until it's about 6/10ft then let it hover.

Don't half throttle on take off, asking for trouble with so much movement plus down draughts from the props.

You just need to get used of the taking off side of it;)

Mine lands flat, well with a small amount of buffering but that's normal.

As per msingers post, take off with full throttle until it's about 6/10ft then let it hover.

Don't half throttle on take off, asking for trouble with so much movement plus down draughts from the props.

You just need to get used of the taking off side of it;)

Cool.. Im pretty good at taking off, it was just the first two take offs.. I always full throttle when taking off. Even before coming here i just figured id ask in case there was something wrong.. Mine also lands flat and needs adjustment only when there are strong winds.

I just got to Galveston, hopefully it doesnt turn into fish food..

Galveston trip was fun.. The P2V was very stable in the coastal winds along the beach.

I noticed something else.. i hear a buzzing noise when i turn the drone on.. not sure if its the camera or what..

Galveston trip was fun.. The P2V was very stable in the coastal winds along the beach.

I noticed something else.. i hear a buzzing noise when i turn the drone on.. not sure if its the camera or what..
Most likely the servo motor above your camera and is normal .

ok good. hope that constant work wont burn it up prematurely..

Thanks
Never did mine bro :) Try lowering your camera in the app and see if that don't stop it .

I will be returning mine to Amazon.. It flew away from me on Sunday and couldn't find it. One of my neighbors brought it to me yesterday. It was in his backyard.. Getting the phantom 3 pro instead

I will be returning mine to Amazon.. It flew away from me on Sunday and couldn't find it. One of my neighbors brought it to me yesterday. It was in his backyard.. Getting the phantom 3 pro instead
Sad to hear that buddy, well you did say you liked the P3 looks like ya gonna get your wish;)

The pilot app needs some studying on the P3, completely different from the vision app;) but just take ya time & your be fine;)

Cool.. Im pretty good at taking off, it was just the first two take offs.. I always full throttle when taking off. Even before coming here i just figured id ask in case there was something wrong.. Mine also lands flat and needs adjustment only when there are strong winds.

I just got to Galveston, hopefully it doesnt turn into fish food..
Try landing at 45 degrees downwind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31