Phantom 2 vision-remove camera attach H3-2D

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 vision in mint condition. I bought a Phantom 2 and added an H3-2D gimble and now I have upgraded to the H3-3D. My question is how hard is it to add the H3-2D to the Phantom Vision 2? Would I just be better off selling the Phantom vision or can this be converted. I'd love to have a backup.

I've seen reports of others doing it, apparently the Zenmuse plug on the main board is live - you may need to use the 7th channel hack method and spoof the Assistant into thinking you've got a P2. Having said all that I've not actually seen any video of it working... Probably worth trying to plug the cable into the board and seeing what happens.

Of course with the 5.8GHz for control, if you mount a GoPro on it you'll be able to use the GoPro app to use as a preview and control the shutter, set movie or stills mode, etc. Far too much lag to actually use it for flying, but it might be a cool little P2VZ2 unit if it works.

Having said all that it's a fair few dollars-worth sitting around for "backup" - then again it could be a useful source of spares for the P2...

I dont think its wise to use Wifi connection with Go Pro on a Pv2 in order to use the Go Pro app ?
I might be wrong but pesonally I would be scared to use the go pro app on my Pv2

It can be done.

Just plug the Gimbal into the Zenmuse port on the Vision's mainboard. The vision doesn't come with the cable though, so you need to find a replacement part for the 8 pin cable. Spare part nr. 3 (http://www.floridauav.com/dji-phantom-2 ... part-no-3/)

Gimbal tilt also works like a charm.

The vision and phantom 2 are IDENTICAL in terms of electronics. The few differences are that the vision doesn't have a CAN bus module on the leg (you can buy a spare part also), it has 5.8ghz tx/rx and the 8 pin gimbal cable doesn't come with it.

I replaced my Vision's camera with a GoPro Hero 3+ and I'm using a 2.4 ghz FPV system by Lawmate (the FPV range exceeds the controller range, haha)

Nice .... A guy who gave all of us a way to upgrade if we want!!! I would be curious as to what your total system consists of and I assume you are setup like a ground station.

doyouevenfly said:
It can be done.

Just plug the Gimbal into the Zenmuse port on the Vision's mainboard. The vision doesn't come with the cable though, so you need to find a replacement part for the 8 pin cable. Spare part nr. 3 (http://www.floridauav.com/dji-phantom-2 ... part-no-3/)

Gimbal tilt also works like a charm.

The vision and phantom 2 are IDENTICAL in terms of electronics. The few differences are that the vision doesn't have a CAN bus module on the leg (you can buy a spare part also), it has 5.8ghz tx/rx and the 8 pin gimbal cable doesn't come with it.

I replaced my Vision's camera with a GoPro Hero 3+ and I'm using a 2.4 ghz FPV system by Lawmate (the FPV range exceeds the controller range, haha)

Dude! You have exactly what I've been searching for! I'm new to the forum, just signed up to post, but I've been reading through for the last several weeks or so.

I'm fresh on the RC scene and started out with a P2V ( + of course made available a couple weeks afterwards...grrr). I love this beastie but long story short I've gone and screwed it up. I wanted to upgrade my gimbal and went too cheap with no where near enough research. I bought a 3DPro 2-Axis from RC711 (never again... missing parts, faulty equip, instructions missing several key steps, and ZERO response to my numerous emails). After trying to make due with what they sent me I managed to burn out the camera controls on my central circuit board and had to replace it. That's done and over with, lesson learned and now I'm approaching with more research beforehand.

I own a Hero 3+. I have a friend that will sell me his H3-3D (it is the one that says it is for the Phantom 2)for a good price. I just need a bit more knowledge before I go through with it again :D .

What Lawmate FPV did you use? How is it powered and what if any connections do I need to make on it? Where did you mount it? The 8-pin cable, is it long enough by itself or will I need the CAN bus module attached to the leg? Any other info you have or if you can point me in the right direction would be awesome!

I'm sorry if I'm breaking forum rules here, not posting in the right place or just looking like a total tool but I'm new to forums in general :)

Thanks in advance for your time!

I'm interested as well, I've been saying there is a plug on mc, but everyone says NO?
Then why is it there? ( lol ) I would love a H3-3D gimbal with gopro hero 3+, please, PLEASE
KEEP US INFORMED, this is AWESOME!

Take care, Fly safe!

Wanted to add, with the latest firmware update, my 7th channel no longer works?
So how do you fix that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20