Phantom 2 Vision RE700 Problems Fixed

Reaction score
This is my first post, so please forgive me if you don't like it.
I upgraded my vision to the RE700 WIFI extender but ran into problem after problem. Here is how I finally got it to bind.

Problems:
MAC address was not right. Even though I copied it before I took off the RE500
DJI App would not scan QR code
FPV would not work

The app for I Phone you need is Scanlife
Scan the QR code on the box with scanlife and a box will pop up saying Launch Website?
The Last 6 digits in the box is the digits you need for manually putting in your MAC address. I had to input mine in lower case, and no I could not find the numbers anywhere else.

I hate writing so please feel free to call if any of you need help. This put my machine down for 3 weeks, and it is an easy fix.
Levi
541-261-5687
Please call between 8 and 5 Pacific

Reactions: mrbean
Hey EPOREGON,
I'm having the same issue. I can scan the QR code with an iphone app but not the vision software. I tried to put in the last 6 numbers but it still fails. I haven't done anything with the old RE500 except charge it and I can't connect to it with my iphone either. Any suggestions?

some times on my tablet I have a real hard time getting the code to scan in the app. inless I go in to really good bright light such as sun light Then it seems to scan ok. But if its a dark day out or at night in my kitchen with the florescent lights it some times just will not scan it at all.

hey eporegon, this is driving me nuts, is my mac address 007040? , thanks for helping out with this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.PNG
    IMG_0629.PNG
    64 KB · Views: 490
i did put the original RE500 on and everything was good to go, really wanted the 700 to work instead of putting an fpvlr kit on it, alot easier if i could get it to bind, also the firmware on the bird was 3.10, ouch, put 3.12 on it and everything is up to date now.

Got my RE700 to bind, had to use my google nexus tab to do the binding, input the numbers from scanlife app and it finally worked, then i tried everything with the iphone 5 and all is good now. thank you eporegon, hey ecuador mike, can you get access to an android device to do the binding? that will probably work for you. good luck

I was using a tablet with a very poor camera; no way the QR codes could be read. Also, one Phantom I was testing had no label. The easy solution for me was just to run a Wifi Analyzer program (I already had one installed on a laptop, but there are ones for mobiles as well) and look for the MAC addresses starting with 60:60:1F. The one with the empty SSID name is the Phantom (camera), while the one with the name is the wifi extender. The camera MAC address is the one that you enter when binding on the Vision app. Note that the extender will always drop the connection when rebinding. Just wait for it to come back up again.

Thanks cityzen, I'll be sure to wait for it, just happy it finally did bind. Never did hear from dji about a new code? I think some Mac addresses have letters also, but mine are all numbers, just wasn't as easy for me as most folks I guess, but worked out in the end with help from forum! Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic