Phantom 2 Vision Plus violates the injunction?

Reaction score
Many of us know that there is an injunction which prevents dji from shipping to dealers named in the injunction. A trial on the dispute will begin this August.

This injunction does not prevent dji shipping to dealers not named in the injunction. However, dealers named such as B&HPhotoVideo and Amazone.com have the P2V+ listed on their web sites.

One may think the injunction was lifted and/or a settlement has be agreed before the trial. But I cannot find anything on the internet about this, not even a press release from dji as they did when the injunction was issued.

Details of the injunction including a link to a copy are in the link below. Reasons for the injunction are also given such as dji is accused of illegal activities.

http://www.uavhive.com/2014/01/28/colin-guinn-takes-on-dji-global-in-a-legal-dispute/

dji co. will just pay the penalty to him and dji co. still makes millions of $$$$........ who cares, i want my + now !

It's hard to say it the injunction will play out. Dronefly and dslrpros are listed and both have been selling the h3-3d package. I would say that buying from a company not listed is probably a smarter idea. Only reason is because should **** hit the fan, they will not be involved at all.

The way Dronefly, B&H and others are getting around this is buying from US warehouses like Empire & others. That injunction is nothing more than minor hinderance for DJI and it's former suppliers.

Mav456 said:
EMCSQUAR said:
The way Dronefly, B&H and others are getting around this is buying from US warehouses like Empire & others. That injunction is nothing more than minor hinderance for DJI and it's former suppliers.
I think until the Injunction is lifted, we shouldnt buy any DJI products. This was set down in a court of law. We should stand with freedom and justice, and do the right thing and not buy.
I kind of agree with that. Especially when you read the details and how dji gave Colin Guinn the shaft according to the dispute. But it is hard to boycott. The injunction may have even increased sales when it first came out because people were worry that the supply may dry up in the US.

I hope companies involved getting around the injunction, especially dji, are heavily fined for contempt of court.

Mav456 said:
EMCSQUAR said:
I think until the Injunction is lifted, we shouldnt buy any DJI products. This was set down in a court of law. We should stand with freedom and justice, and do the right thing and not buy.

Lucky you see these snows

Mav456 said:
Im sure they will settle with Colin and he will get millions. Wich he deserves. IMHO they fired him after the p2v came out with invalid battery crashes and duds. Either he was responsible for rushing, or they were and he fought for us and was canned for it!
Read the info in the link in my op. Apparently the problems between Colin and "Frank" first came out in May 2013. Way before the P2V came out.

money talks .... I cant even see DJI shedding one tear over what laws laid down in the US .... they would still be successful even if the entire US market was closed to them.

GMANNZ said:
money talks .... I cant even see DJI shedding one tear over what laws laid down in the US .... they would still be successful even if the entire US market was closed to them.
Your comment may just have increase their sales again.

I don't think the US market will be closed to them..

Personally I don't see DJI just cutting Colin a check. The easiest route is to cut the check but the Chinese protect their pride with their lives and would see it as rolling over and letting Colin win. I slept through most of the international business classes but I was awake when we spoke about China. In our western world, we would look at Colin as a tiny speed bump and write him a check to blow right past him. In my opinion I think DJI is saying "well we are blowing the doors off things with the S1000, Phantoms and 450s even with the injunction, why should we pay him anything" and are willing to drag this out as long as possible.

dronefly.com is no longer listed on DJI.com as a DJI North America preferred vendor.

EMCSQUAR said:

I would stay away from buying from anyplace listed on the injunction like DroneFly, B&H, Amazon.

If they are getting it direct from dji, the injunction is in violation. If they are getting it from a different company to get around the injunction, the warranty may not be valid as stated on dji web site because they are not getting it from dji.

A link to the injunction with the list of companies which dji should not ship to is: http://www.uavhive.com/2014/01/28/colin-guinn-takes-on-dji-global-in-a-legal-dispute/

I wonder if there is some type of settlement where both partied are not allowed to disclosed details?

But I think there should be some kind of news on this stating details cannot be disclosed.

If no settlement, then the trial in August should be in the news.

Colin Guinn is now with 3D Robotics it would appear, 3DR haven't done a press release yet but nor have they tried to deny the fact on Twitter or Facebook today.

If he ends up being active on YouTube, FB or Twitter it'll be interesting to see if he lets anything slip about his time at DJI.

http://www.uavhive.com/2014/06/25/colin ... -robotics/

http://events.greenbiz.com/event-speaker-details/28473

>> Update: 3DR within the last hour confirmed Colin is working for them, he's on new product development and global marketing.

Thanks for the update. There should be some news in August about the trial if there was not an out of court settlement.

A 3D Robotics deal with the NFL would be great for them.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/purdy/2014/06/23/drones-coming-nfl-possibly-go-wrong/

I wonder if the NFL plans to get around the FAA restriction on commercial use by plans not to pay an outside company to do the videos? They are planning to do them in house for training?

I'm happy with my P2V+ but should it crash and burn beyond reasonable repair, is lost or stolen, or I outgrow it, I will research 3D Robotics quad copters as a possible replacement. IMO, dji are the bad guys in the dispute between Colin Guinn and dji.

The Phantom is better, especially for aerial photography than the IRIS, at least at the moment, the reason being the IRIS is too heavy so struggles once a gimbal is attached.

However, the flight controller in the IRIS is the Pixhawk and IMO it is better than the Naza by some margin, given it offers more functionality, more configuration (you can change just about every setting manually), it's got dual IMUs (2nd one to be activated in an upcoming FW update) and the devs have suggested it'll be getting dual GPS at some point. It's already got some nice to have features such as GPS glitch protection code (to help prevent a GPS fly-away) and I expect it'll get visual and/or sonar collision avoidance at some point given such features have been trialed on it.

The main reason I wanted to try out the Pixhawk was because the testing of it, is done by real people and the beta testing is fairly much in the public domain so you can find out about bugs that have been discovered, how fixes are progressing and a 3DR developer has said there's 50,000+ hours of testing between major releases of firmware: http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 285#p16706

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20