Phantom 2 vision plus v3 retractable landing gear

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the upgraded (HML650 Retractable Folding Landing Gear) works on a phantom 2 vision + v3? It says it does on the description but I can't find any directions. The compass is molded to the landing gear. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

This video shows it does. I was thinking about it but see no real need for it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, I did watch this but it doesn't show much. I was wondering about the compass removal. Its molded to the stock landing gear and I don't want to damage the compass when I add the new retractable landing gear. I want to see how to install it before I get it.

Thanks, I did watch this but it doesn't show much. I was wondering about the compass removal. Its molded to the stock landing gear and I don't want to damage the compass when I add the new retractable landing gear. I want to see how to install it before I get it.

Yea, good point.

It doesn't [yet] appear they have addressed the issue with the new anti-static compass.

This is a show-stopper if you're not inclined to try and fab your own way of mounting the integrated compass onto your a/c in some way.

I have one on the way so I guess I will be doing a mod of some sort. I hope I don't damage the anti static compass. I have too much money invested to wreck it. Shhh... Don't tell my wife! he he. I can laugh when she's not home. :)

It can be handled safely but you'll need to keep it in the plastic 'coffin'.

Make sure it is re-mounted as far away from the fuselage as the cable allows or other limitation.

Maintain the same orientation up/down-front/back and of course re-cal after all the mods and assembly is done.

Thanks for the advice. I am new to all of this but it really interests me. I just hope I can keep it flying as I do mods to it. Thanks again everyone.

Here is what I did on mine. They aren't retractable but they are similar I think. I just cut the leg off and screwed it on with the new landing gear. Just needed a couple of longer screws.

image.jpg

Reactions: Airborne
Does anyone know if the upgraded (HML650 Retractable Folding Landing Gear) works on a phantom 2 vision + v3? It says it does on the description but I can't find any directions. The compass is molded to the landing gear. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
My upgraded HML 650 Folding Landing Gear came in the mail today. Does anyone know how to install these? It came with just 4 basic pictures and doesn't explain anything at all. Where do I get power from and where do I plug it in? I am lost. I have a Phantom vision plus v3. Thanks in advance.

What is your r/c and electronics experience?

What does the retractable landing gear do for you if the camera doesn't rotate 360 degrees. Just cool ? Any practical use? I would be afraid if it was accidently left up and you land on the camera.... Ops to 600 bucks.

What does the retractable landing gear do for you if the camera doesn't rotate 360 degrees. Just cool ? Any practical use? I would be afraid if it was accidently left up and you land on the camera.... Ops to 600 bucks.
Very good point, but I have read that the landing gear can activate on fail safe mode and I also heard that it can be activated by altitude. I just don't know how to hook it up to make it work correctly.

Well there's really only one option I'm aware of for adding retracts to an OEM P2V+ without having to deal with a lot of other issues.

RCDepot I believe.

Those other things you've heard... don't apply to your quad.

In other words what you have is not what you want.

Well there's really only one option I'm aware of for adding retracts to an OEM P2V+ without having to deal with a lot of other issues.

RCDepot I believe.

Those other things you've heard... don't apply to your quad.

In other words what you have is not what you want.
Great, I wasted some more money. It says it works on the Vision plus, thats why I bought it. Live and learn I guess.

I Googled them and there is no interface shown for a Phantom.

I can be wrong but the lack of instructions for your specific quad should be a red flag.

I Googled them and there is no interface shown for a Phantom.

I can be wrong but the lack of instructions for your specific quad should be a red flag.
I bought it on Ebay. This is how it was described on the site.
Upgraded HML650 Retractable Folding Landing Gear DJI Phantom 1, 2, Vision+ FC40

Whoa!

Ok, different story then.

My apologies.

I was not aware of this Upgrade version.
It seems to be similar to the RCDepot offerinjg.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31