PHANTOM 2 VISION PLUS THROTTLE LOCK

Reaction score
When I hold down throttle lock for more than 5 sec motors do not shut down. Need advice

When I hold down throttle lock for more than 5 sec motors do not shut down. Need advice

To be clear- you're saying that when the aircraft is on the ground or otherwise NOT moving, pushing the Left stick down, fully, does not stop the motors in 3-5 seconds?

This is not normal.

Have you calibrated the remote and then calibrated it to the Phantom using the Assistant?

It requires a similar function to start using the other three channels as well so it seems that is working then?

I agree with the previous post (N017RW) you need to recalibrate your remote. Start with the DJI RC System Assistant_1.2. Then use the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8. Make sure when you calibrate to go to all corners as far a possible, as well as up and down. Good luck.

Did you get it fixed? I found this in my notes and thought it might help
Calibrate Vision + V3 Controller Without The Assistant Software…
(No Software Process, does not use RC System Assistant or Phantom 2 Vision Assistant)
1) Set switch S2 at the OFF position; Switch S1 at the GPS position
2) Push both the THROTTLE and PITCH stick to the top position and hold them there.
3) Turn on the POWER switch. You should hear the indicator sound of "Beep--Bee Beep" from the V3 Controller repeatedly.
-> Toggle switch S2 into the CL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller, in this case the V3 Controller has entered the calibration mode.
(THROTTLE and PITCH stick must have been kept in the top position all during this time)
4)
Release the THROTTLE and PITCH sticks and make sure they return to the center position.
-> Toggle switch S1 to the bottom ATTI position; you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller.
-> Move all of the sticks throughout their complete range several times.
(for those remotes equipped with a throttle lock this means complete movement through the throttle lock position)
-> Don't forget to move the GIMBAL CONTROL DIAL through it's complete range of movement as well.
-> After this, put the THROTTLE stick to the bottom position and toggle switch S2 to the HL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller.
In this case the transmitter has been calibrated successfully!
5) Turn transmitter off.
upload_2018-3-1_11-39-34.png

S 2 Switch
S 1 Switch
IOC Off Course Lock GPS

Home Lock Atti Manual or Return to home
(Depends on Programing)

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Hi there All i have a question in regards to the throttle lock and of shutting down the engines, i myself don't have any issues at present with shutting down the motors although my main concern is can i /or they be shut down during flight(not intentional of-course) - but by accident , as when i am lowering my altitude coming in for landing i am always worried that if i push back to far and come down too quick i may engage the engines to stop before actually landing , and when i say this is because when i do land nice and slowly when i come to turn off the motors i just hold back my throttle stick to the very end BEFORE it actually goes into the throttle lock feature on the stick and they still shut down nominally, so if i can shut them down without actually applying the lock could this happen to me mid flight if i reduced my altitude too quickly and hit that spot on the stick remembering that i am NOT going into the throttle lock feature on the stick at all just traveling as far back as i can before the lock, can anybody shed some light on this a little for me please , would be much appreciated . Thank you

Hi there All i have a question in regards to the throttle lock and of shutting down the engines, i myself don't have any issues at present with shutting down the motors although my main concern is can i /or they be shut down during flight(not intentional of-course) - but by accident , as when i am lowering my altitude coming in for landing i am always worried that if i push back to far and come down too quick i may engage the engines to stop before actually landing , and when i say this is because when i do land nice and slowly when i come to turn off the motors i just hold back my throttle stick to the very end BEFORE it actually goes into the throttle lock feature on the stick and they still shut down nominally, so if i can shut them down without actually applying the lock could this happen to me mid flight if i reduced my altitude too quickly and hit that spot on the stick remembering that i am NOT going into the throttle lock feature on the stick at all just traveling as far back as i can before the lock, can anybody shed some light on this a little for me please , would be much appreciated . Thank you

No.

Motors only shut off when the aircraft is stationary (such as after you have landed).

I have actually put mine in the throttle lock position (by accident) while descending for a landing. The aircraft senses the downward motion and will not shut the motors off. I think it works in conjunction with the barometer, when the aircraft is stable then the motors will shut down. I read somewhere that the aircraft will only descend at a certain rate to avoid VRS (vortex ring state).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues