Phantom 2 Vision Plus Start Up ISSUE

Reaction score
Well I researched for a while and decided to get the newest Phantom 2 Vision Plus and it arrived today. I wish I had good news. I turned on the unit on and it powered up fine but the battery was low. I turned it all off and charged the battery.

Once fully charged I put the battery back into the Phantom and tried to turn it on. It seemed to turn on for a second then turn itself off. This happened numerous times. After reading the manual over and over and I couldn't find anything that would explain the battery not powering up. So I called the place I ordered it from and he walked me through turning it on again. So I turned it on and held it for the two seconds and after the third attempt smoke started to billow our of one of the arms. I am fairly upset at this point and he asked me to send it back to him.

Has anyone had this happen to them at all??? Or did I just get a dud???

Not a happy camper right now.

seems like you got a dud. I have not had any problems with mine in that aspect. Good luck with the replacement.

jonas111 said:
Well I researched for a while and decided to get the newest Phantom 2 Vision Plus and it arrived today. I wish I had good news. I turned on the unit on and it powered up fine but the battery was low. I turned it all off and charged the battery.

Once fully charged I put the battery back into the Phantom and tried to turn it on. It seemed to turn on for a second then turn itself off. This happened numerous times. After reading the manual over and over and I couldn't find anything that would explain the battery not powering up. So I called the place I ordered it from and he walked me through turning it on again. So I turned it on and held it for the two seconds and after the third attempt smoke started to billow our of one of the arms. I am fairly upset at this point and he asked me to send it back to him.

Has anyone had this happen to them at all??? Or did I just get a dud???

Not a happy camper right now.

You definitely got a dud or.... The prop guards came with longer screws. If the prop guards where removed and then the long screws went back in place they short the motor windings and cause what you just experienced. It burns up an esc and smoke pours out.

Ignore..

Mako79 said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Hmmm

But to reply to the other post above, i didn't even get the motors turning. I literally was trying to turn it on. While turning it on it started smoking.

I'm assuming a dud but doesn't make me feel very confident these are well built.

I have seen enough YouTube clip crashes to think they must be durable.

Ask Him To Swap It With The v3, And Pay The Slight Difference.

The left stick is down in throttle lock causing the motors to shut down after start up

GSSP said:
The left stick is down in throttle lock causing the motors to shut down after start up

I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that out of the box it was in throttle lock and that might prevent it from turning on?

Please elaborate a little more if you have some insight as to what may have been the cause.

I would suggest something more serious than throttle lock would have caused smoke to come out.

Return it and get another Jonas :)

GSSP said:
After start up CSC you will need to move throttle out of lock position within 2-3 seconds. (To nuetral middle) Otherwise it will turn back off.

But OP has a bigger problem. Smoke=Bad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1