Phantom 2 Vision Plus New Shell Replacement

Reaction score
Hi There

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can order a P2 Vision plus shell? I have to replace my shell and have noticed the P2/ P2 vision and the P2 vision plus are different on the bottom.

I can only find this shell:
http://www.helipal.com/phantom2-08-dji- ... shell.html
DJIPV-08 DJI Phantom 2 / Phantom 2 Vision Shell

I guess as long as the gimbal mount is the same i could cut the shell to accommodate the P2 Vision Plus cables?

Any help greatly appreciated :geek:

Thanks for that. Good to know. I have just noticed the main difference between the P2 and the P2 vision plus is that there is an extra screw hole at the front with the P2 vision plus does not have.

The P2 vision plus also had a larger hole in the bottom to accommodate the gimbal wires. If you were able to work around this with no problems i guess i'll just order the Phantom 2 shell?

I have posted some shots of the differences here: http://gcp.smugmug.com/Other/Phantom-2- ... p/n-r2mLW/

Thanks again.

There are 2 pages of posts under "Crashed Vision 2 Plus" that you can check out. I replaced my shell and was told the Vision 2 and Vision 2 Plus shells are identical. It worked for me. Be aware of the transmitter being held down with double-sided tape. A few of us got stuck there initially. Good luck!

Thanks very much for the tips. I ended up ordering a new shell yesterday so will study up before then and hopefully the hole process will be a smooth one. Cheers!

Sweet. Thanks for that definately looks like a useful vid! Will post an update once i have been through the process! Thanks agin.

haidozo said:
The P2 vision plus also had a larger hole in the bottom to accommodate the gimbal wires. If you were able to work around this with no problems i guess i'll just order the Phantom 2 shell?

I purchased that same shell, DJI Part #8, along with the Vision+ Landing Gear, from Helipal a few weeks ago for a future "Stealth Phantom" blackout treatment. I just compared it to the Vision+ shell in the teardown video and the cutout in the bottom is identical.

Hi everyone - just a quick note that last week i changed my shell with no worries. It took me about 5 hours on painstaking work taking it really slowly. This kind of work is not easy for me but the Teardown Video: http://youtu.be/yLi-wIrEISM Double-D shared was a life saver. My Vision Plus is performing like a dream and life is good. Thanks for all the help!

Great to hear. My pair of right angle tweezers helped though a pair of Chinese hands would have been better. Make sure you check the tightness of the shell screws after a few flights. Even though I was happy with my tightening I noticed they had loosened a little. Probably due to the removal of the factory blue lock tight:)

I changed mine yesterday, after painting the new one black...it took the better part of 2 entire football games to get it done. Yep, probably 5-6 hours in total. You'll need to do some prying to get the wifi module out, it's stuck down with 3m tape, really tough stuff. The Double-D video was handy as well, although I had taken my own pictures prior to removing anything from inside. The wire coming from the rear of the wifi module will also fit another connector, do not mix it up, or you'll spend extra time wondering why and how you have a connection missing from the rear of the module. I almost purchased a new wiring kit, before I realized it was plugged into another connector.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik