Phantom 2 Vision Plus Battery Charger Issue

Reaction score
Hey, 1st post.
Got my P2V+ last night and when I went to charge the batteries the charger is doing some weird stuff.

Check this out.
http://youtu.be/iDBu4q-Tsno

• What colour should the lamp on the actual charger be? I have no idea and no one to check with here in Indonesia.
• Has anyone had this issue before?
• Anyone have any bright ideas as to what might be causing this?

So keen to go fly it and here I am with this expensive pile of stuff and no power. Also no shop to run to for help.

Any and all help would be amazing.

Thanks in advance

Anomac

anomac said:
Hey, 1st post.
Got my P2V+ last night and when I went to charge the batteries the charger is doing some weird stuff.

Check this out.
http://youtu.be/iDBu4q-Tsno

• What colour should the lamp on the actual charger be? I have no idea and no one to check with here in Indonesia.
• Has anyone had this issue before?
• Anyone have any bright ideas as to what might be causing this?

So keen to go fly it and here I am with this expensive pile of stuff and no power. Also no shop to run to for help.

Any and all help would be amazing.

Thanks in advance

Anomac

While charging, the LED on the charger will be red. When the battery has been fully charged, the charger LED will turn green. The charger LED has never blinked for me.

Maybe try turning on the battery and then plugging it into the charger?

You could also use the Phantom 2 Assistant software to get more information on the battery. Advanced -> Battery tab.

D_Tshudy said:
Maybe try turning on the battery and then plugging it into the charger?

You could also use the Phantom 2 Assistant software to get more information on the battery. Advanced -> Battery tab.

The Batteries, I have two and tried both, seem fine. Even when hooked up to the computer.

The Light going on and off on the actual charger unit now seems to be the issue. Why it is doing so is beyond me. Tomorrow I will take to a friends place and see if it is something to do with my wiring. If that is not the issue I suppose I have to get it repaired. :shock:

I have two chargers and both have SOLID red lights when charging, changing to green when full (or no battery connected). I've never seen the charger light blink so right there something is a little weird. Your power stabilizer...does it produce a true sine wave or is it a stepped square wave design? Some chargers don't like that, though I often charge my Phantom's batteries with one of those coffee cup DC-AC power inverters and haven't experienced a problem. Test it briefly without the power stabilizer. Does the charger light still blink?

Coffee-cup power inverter: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042X8XQE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dirty Bird said:
I have two chargers and both have SOLID red lights when charging, changing to green when full (or no battery connected). I've never seen the charger light blink so right there something is a little weird...
Thanks for the reply Dirty Bird.
The charger has to be the issue. I took the charger to a friends place, three different places in fact. Tried it at all of them and I still get the flashing red light. It's not a repetitive flash either. Rather erratic. Loose wire? Bad connection? Dodgy cable?

Got my wife to buy a new charger in Sydney and send to me in Indo. Should have it in a week. We shall see.

Mean time I will find one of those clever Indonesians to rip this existing one open and have a peek inside to see what the issue might be. Perhaps I too will have two chargers in the end.

Thanks everyone for help.

If we find out what the issue was I will update this in case some one else has the same prob :D

I don't think I've really looked at the charger lights. I look at the battery lights blinking. When it's done there off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20