Phantom 2 Vision Plus Battery charged but will not power up

Reaction score
Okay, I'm new, but not a total Rookie. I had the original Phantom and used it for a while and then I recently upgraded to a Phantom Vision 2 plus and have been using it flawlessly for the last 2 weeks, until today... Today, I went out with both of my batteries fully charged as I always do, but after running the phantom down to about 10% on the first battery, I powered it down, installed the second battery (which was fully charged and showed 4 bars when the button is pressed quickly once), and then attempted to power it up using the same procedure I have done for the past 2 weeks and it will not power up the phantom. I press the button once and all 4 bars are lit up,then I press it again and hold for 2-3 seconds and all 4 bars light up when I press the button, but then just go out when I let go after 3 seconds and the phantom does not power up. The other battery is working fine. I don't see any posts related to this problem in the forum so I'm assuming I just have a defective battery, but I thought I'd post it to see if I'm not alone or if there is a manual fix for this problem before I order a new one.

Reactions: phantom trucker 309
Re: Phantom 2 Vision Plus Battery charged but will not power

Check your COMMUNICATION PINS, on the battery, may need cleaning?

Keep us informed!

Take care, Fly safe!

How do I clean them? They are practically brand new and by visual sight, appear to be clean. In the Army we cleaned connections with a pencil eraser and I tried that but to no avail. Also, I just recharged my other battery and now neither one is powering it up...

My apologies to the forum... I swear I was doing the same power up push button touch sequence as always, but apparently I was not. Both batteries appear to be working now... Ugh!

It has happened to us ALL! LOL

Take care, Fly safe!

A trick for me is to push the button until the lights light, then release for about 1/2 second and push again. Has never failed me.

Thanks everyone, I had a couple of good runs today after I got my batteries working. I've had spotty connection issues but the DJI V2+ hasn't failed to return home yet, and most of the time I can regain control by flipping into the middle position on the switch and going back.

Thanks again for your patience!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4