Phantom 2 Vision plus batteries dying in seconds..

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first post to the forum.

I have the Phantom 2 Vision plus. I have three batteries for it. No matter which battery I install, I am getting a "critically low battery" warning on my app screen. This is only after a few seconds of flying. I can watch the percentage on my screen fall from 90 to 0% in less than a minute. All three batteries were fully charged when I installed them. The drone tries to auto land when this happens.

Last week when I flew, everything was fine??

I've scoured the internet / forum looking for a possible solution.

Thank you for helping.

How old are the batteries?
At what level of charge are they stored at?

Not enough info to be sure but they are likely damaged from age and improper storage levels.
It’s a common thing with P2 batteries due to their potential age and your experience is typical, fully charged but little to no flight time.
It’s sad but DJI no longer produces batts for P2s.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
We need more info. What was the air temp when you flew? Is it possible the batteries became cold before you launched? If so, that might explain the early critical auto land.
I live on the Outer Banks of NC. It was right at 50 degrees when I flew this afternoon.

It's just weird that all three batteries gave me the same warning / symptom... They worked fine last week.

50 degrees - if you allowed your batteries to drop to that temp - is way too cold. 50 F is only 10 C and you want 20 C minimum.

I'm not saying that was your problem, but it could have been.

It could be that your batteries are just old like #17 said.... or even a combination.

Good luck.

Reactions: N017RW
50 degrees - if you allowed your batteries to drop to that temp - is way too cold. 50 F is only 10 C and you want 20 C minimum.

It could be that your batteries are just old like #17 said.... or even a combination.

Good luck.
Thanks for your help. I'll try again tomorrow with warmer batteries.

Good luck.
Pretty sure P2 And it's Batts are rated good down to around 35 degrees F. Certainly fine at 50F

One could rtfm and see the spec if concerned...

Pretty sure P2 And it's Batts are rated good down to around 35 degrees F. Certainly fine at 50F

One could rtfm and see the spec if concerned...

It wouldn't occur to me that I could fly a P2 with the battery temp at 2 C or that a battery temp of 2 C is within the temp range recommended by DJI. Do you have a link? Thanks

It’s easy to find if u go to DJI P2 specs website you’ll see this re P2 batts ambient:

Charge: 0 - 40C or 32 - 104F
Discharge: -20 - 50C or -3 - 122F

Yes 2C internal seems extreme.
But for the purpose of this thread unless the OP stored them below ambient of the reported 50F then otherwise healthy batteries should be fine.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. All three batteries have started doing this at the exact same time. Is there any chance it is a software issue? It's very frustrating as finding new batteries is expensive and next to impossible. That, and I'm worried the batteries may not be the actual issue. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. All three batteries have started doing this at the exact same time. Is there any chance it is a software issue? It's very frustrating as finding new batteries is expensive and next to impossible. That, and I'm worried the batteries may not be the actual issue. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Are/were they stored at near 50% charge?

Are they puffy or feel inflated?

Are/were they stored at near 50% charge?

Are they puffy or feel inflated?

Batteries are from 2014. They've been stored with random charge on them, depending on how much it was being used. Not puffy.

It's interesting that every response asks these questions. I cold see this if it was just one or two batteries, but all the batteries at the same time is why I ask about software. I'm wondering if the software is reading the battery output and because it is an older drone with less powerful batteries if the software thinks the batteries are low? Is this a possibility?

Reactions: JCole
If they show 4 leds after charge (full) and then you get flashing red leds under the quad’s arms then the Batteries are toast.

It would take very deliberate and careful maintenance for them to last this long and give 12-15 min flight times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20