Phantom 2 vision plus auto landing

Reaction score
i had this problem last Sunday .
phantom is auto down and i lost throttle up control but other control (left ,right , forward and back ) only i was lost throttle up control ,
battery was 95%
satellite was 8
temperature --3.6C
height from sea level 4173 M
***************Sorry for my bad English ********************
check this video

yes i try other battery but same problem
i have this problem only cold weather

Are you keeping the batteries warm right up until the time you fly?

Since the LiPo battery is effected by cold temps you could try to improve performance by heating up the bird. As a test, try covering all the vent holes around the bird with tape. The lack of air flow through the bird may provide enough system warmth to offset the sub zero temps. Good luck!

Edit to add: Possibly not practical, placing tape in the opens of the battery may offer another heat retaining insulator.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue; however, it was at sea level and a fog bank was rolling in. Temperature was around zero. What I found was a thin layer of ice building up on the rotor blades leading/trailing edges. Any chance you are experiencing icing of the blades. Icing would change the profile of the blades and reduce the lift.

Any chance the blades are icing up? I've had a similar situation with controls and I was getting ice build up on the edges of the rotor blades. Temperature was slightly above zero in my situation and a fog bank was rolling in.

If the issue persist I would try re-calibration of the RC sticks and see if that helps. If it doesn't I would connect to the assistant and watch the stick movement tomseenwhatnit the left stick is doing and showing the correct movements. If they differ you may have a hardware issue with that left stick.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj