Phantom 2 Vision+ No video, can't record or take pics

Reaction score
I can connect to the WiFi and SSH into the camera module (supposedly) at 192.168.1.10.
A continuous ping loses no packets - the network seems good.

On the App (Android) I get no video and if I click the icon to take a picture I get a message that the "Network Timed Out" almost immediately after clicking the button (again, no drops in ping).

Clicking record yields "Phantom Connection Broken"

Telemetry info is fine and does not seem to drop out at all.
Gimbal and WiFi Gimbal control works fine.

I'm not certain if it can browse images or videos on the SD card over WiFi as I don't know the directory structure it is looking for.

I have re-seated the ribbon cable on the camera itself to no avail. I do get an error if I completely disconnect the cable from the back of the camera.

Check the 3 cables coming from the phantom down to the gimbal. Unplug all 3 and inspect and then plug them back in and make sure they are secure. The suspect is usually the 4 pin clip that gets damaged or frayed easily on 'hard' landings..

Reactions: Raetron
Check the 3 cables coming from the phantom down to the gimbal. Unplug all 3 and inspect and then plug them back in and make sure they are secure. The suspect is usually the 4 pin clip that gets damaged or frayed easily on 'hard' landings..

Thanks Mako79 for the reply. I've checked the cables and connectors and everything looks fine. Replaced the ribbon cable for good measure.
Do you know if there are any measurements I can make to verify things? Any utilities to run from SSH?
Unfortunately I don't have a spare Phantom to swap any parts around on to 'plug and pray' style troubleshooting.

This quad is a friends and I was planning to give it back to him and declare it beyond my capabilities to diagnose tomorrow.

Thanks Mako79 for the reply. I've checked the cables and connectors and everything looks fine. Replaced the ribbon cable for good measure.
Do you know if there are any measurements I can make to verify things? Any utilities to run from SSH?
Unfortunately I don't have a spare Phantom to swap any parts around on to 'plug and pray' style troubleshooting.

This quad is a friends and I was planning to give it back to him and declare it beyond my capabilities to diagnose tomorrow.

Just make sure that the phone is definitely connected to the Phantom's wifi and nothing else. Turn off the wifi switching (On my Samsung, its > Disable network switch).

The only other thing I can think of is to use a voltmeter and check the readings of the cables like below..

how%20to%20connect%20camera%20to%20dji%20phantom%202%20vision%20plus%20without%20dji%20gimbal2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic