Phantom 2 Vision+ motors wont start

Reaction score
I'm trying to repair a phantom 2 vision + that was run over by an truck.

The body is obviously destroyed, as are two of the motors.

However, the day after the incident, I tried to power it up and was able to start up two of the motors normally. They even increased RPM with throttle. The camera was also able to take pictures with no problem. One of the motors had wires that were completely severed, so it obviously didn't start. Another motor was turning slower than it should and made a bit of a grinding noise.

I felt pretty optimistic that I could fix it by purchasing a new body and gimbal, but I wanted to make sure I was competent enough to do the repairs, so I took the whole thing apart yesterday.

Once the body was apart, the camera was removed, and the two bad motors were removed from the arms, I tried to power the unit up again to make sure it was still running fine. The phantom powered up, but when I tried to start the motors, it responds with 5 red light blinks.

I plugged the gps and the compass wires back in, and ran a compass calibration, but I still get the 5 blinking red lights... I'm a bit confused, because everything started up fine before I took out a bunch of screws, but now that the unit is apart the motors wont start even though all the cables are plugged in as they used to be.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm at a bit of a loss and the documentation from DJI doesn't say anything about 5 red light blinks - at least not that I can find.

Thank you!

HAve you been able to solve this?

I have the same 5 red lights when trying to start up the motors. Already changed the GPS module with another PH2 that works fine. So not sure what else it could be....

Thanks

Plug into the Phantom assist and see what the warnings are.
They should appear on bottom right corner with an error code.
It could be simple as magnets in your room interfering with your compass.

Plug into the Phantom assist and see what the warnings are.
They should appear on bottom right corner with an error code.
It could be simple as magnets in your room interfering with your compass.

No errors come up. All sensors appear to be ok (1.0 , 1.0, 1700) All within normal range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31