Phantom 2 vision modification : pitch 0° to vertical 90° !!!

Reaction score
Hi!

Do you know any method to obtain a pitch from horizontal (0°) to fully vertical (90°) for the PHANTOM 2 VISION ?

As weel, the original tilt is 0-35° only.

Thanks for any idea !!!

Bye

PS : i don't wan't this bottom solution !!!
a6289721-45-P1080777.jpg

Re: Phantom 2 vision modification : pitch 0° to vertical 90°

Thanks but it's very too expensive!
I'm sure there are possibilities to obtain this result with work and conservation of electronic original, no?
The original servo is not able to pitch from 0 to 90 with modification of mechanic? Why?

Hi!
I modify like the previous link my camera, it's working but can't obtain exactly 0 to 90° with limits from 1000 to -1000.

I did it and it works fine and will go straight down. After you have shaved off enough plastic from both the camera tabs and the camera mount and reset the limits, then make sure you loosen the screw on the servo and camera and set it to full 90 degree down and then re-tighten the servo screw.
Cheers,
Jim

Ouch thats violent :) buyng 3rd party gimbal would make much better job with stabilisation and u get 90deg tilt too. Even more if u wish.

Hi d,
It is a great mod to give full down views. Not sure why DJI did not design it this way.
White silicone pressed on and allowed to dry with a piece of cellophane over it to smooth it until it dries, then taken off, makes it look a lot better. I do that to replace the white rubber plug that goes over the servo hole that friends have lost too and it looks OEM. Note that the camera's cooling fans already suck in air and dirt along with it. I put a piece of open cel foam inside the camera case to mitigate that from happening. Not sure why you would have seen more jello just by doing this mod. Check: Prop balance? Bad rubber grommets? Loose mount screws or camera servo screw?
Cheers,
Jim
dirkclod said:
I did this mod also and worked great for straight down shots but when taking videos at normal angles I starting seeing more jello so I reverted it back. When you do it go ahead and seal up the back of the camera housing as I didn't and had to go back and use a little hot glue to keep the dust out ;)

Hi Dave,
Yep definitely a step up mod to go with a 3-axis gimbal. I would go a bit farther and take the camera shell off too in order to make it lighter. You can then remove the cooling fans as they would not be necessary. The lens would operate better not going through the case lens too. You would then be able to position the wifi antennas in a forward back orientation which is optimal for signal propagation. There are several <$100 2 and 3-axis gimbals that are worthy candidates. I noticed there is an RCTimer Flash sale going on now. The IMP 3-axis gimbal with an 8bit AlexMos controller is $118. http://www.rctimer.com/product-1072.html That is 41% off the original $199. I will give that a go.
Cheers,
Jim

dave21 said:
Ouch thats violent :) buyng 3rd party gimbal would make much better job with stabilisation and u get 90deg tilt too. Even more if u wish.

josse34 said:
Hi!
I modify like the previous link my camera, it's working but can't obtain exactly 0 to 90° with limits from 1000 to -1000.

I could not get the servo travel to be 90 degrees. The servo is an emax es08MD servo. It may be slightly modified by EMAX for the vision. I know the emax es08MD is programmable. If you buy the emax servo programmer you may be able to reprogram the servo. That is unless EMAX locked it down so that it is not programmable like the es08MD.

Also, if you want to improve the mechanical range you can cut out the plastic servo housing from the bracket and reorient it onto an new bracket (which i made out of light ply). You reorient the servo so that it stands vertically not horizontally. Mine works great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj