Phantom 2 vision low battery while app says full

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question: I have a Phantom 2 Vision and after I have been flying for 5 minutes, the alarm on my app (android) goes off. A the same time the arms on the Phantom, where green lights are normally on, blinks red. It seems that the battery is almost empty. But when I look to the battery level in the app, it says that there is enough battery level left (last time about 60%) and the indicator on the battery itself has more than 2 stripes which aren't signs that it's almost empty. Can anybody help me with this one? I can buy a new battery to try if this helps of course, but in the case this isn't the problem it will be an expensive tryout.

Greetz,

Drill

Hello drildi,

Well for starters you can never have too many batteries! That is the best way to double your flight time! While I don't own a phantom 2 (so please anyone else who knows the phantom 2 step in if im wrong) the phantom 1 and 2 both use li-po batteries, so principles should remain the same.

How are you flying it? Are you flying it hard with a lot of throttle? Essentially the voltage of the battery will drop (sometimes setting off a low voltage alarm) while under high load (high power drain). Does the warning disappear after a while? If it does it most likely means the voltage had dropped a bit low under load and has recovered. The percentage is calculated on MAH consumed so will be un-afected.

drildi said:
Hello,

I have a question: I have a Phantom 2 Vision and after I have been flying for 5 minutes, the alarm on my app (android) goes off. A the same time the arms on the Phantom, where green lights are normally on, blinks red. It seems that the battery is almost empty. But when I look to the battery level in the app, it says that there is enough battery level left (last time about 60%) and the indicator on the battery itself has more than 2 stripes which aren't signs that it's almost empty. Can anybody help me with this one? I can buy a new battery to try if this helps of course, but in the case this isn't the problem it will be an expensive tryout.

Greetz,

Drill
:D
Welcome to the forum!

This video might help you. http://youtu.be/vViFGNUjG4g

I've had to retire one of my four batteries. Also, store them in a cool room with no more than 50% charge. DJI recomnds discharging down to 8% after 20 charge cycles. You might try that, but probably time for a new battery.

MHL

Welcome here also drildi !
Also in assistant check the numbers of the cells in your battery and see if they are all close .
They will go bad sometimes and if they are you might get it replaced as I just have had to do .

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And thanks for your posts!

It gives the alarm not all the time but after about 5-10 minutes shortly after each other, even when it's hoovering. The battery is maybe 2 years old. I have watched the video about the life level and tested my battery and the life level is max, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. The pins in the phantom seems to make a good contact with the contacts on the battery (connection for measuring battery level). Used some alcohol on it to clean it anyway. Can it be a problem with the software or anything else? Thanks guys!

In assistent battery seems fine btw. The battery is little bit swollen. Is that normal?

Attachments

• Phantom.jpg
    Phantom.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 543
all the life level does is tells you how many discharge cycles its had with every 3 charges ticking off 1% of the so called remaining life and other wise is completely useless esp for telling you any thing about the battery's condition or "HEALTH" even if a battery has only had 3 charge cycles on it and is completely toast it will say its still got 99% remaining life. Or on the other hand you could have one thats in perfect condition and charged/discharged 299 times and it will say its only got 1% remaining health. even if there is abslutly nothing wrong with the battery and its in perfect health. Tho once it has its 300th cycle the firmware automatically bricks the battery and tells you its time to buy a new one. Tho I have yet to ever hear of any one EVER even getting close to 300 charges out of any dji battery before the crapped the bed any way. Even 100 would be a lot for some one. Being many crap out even before 40 even when take very good care of them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4