Phantom 2 Vision Invalid Battery Signal

Reaction score
Bought Phantom mid-Nov. No problem in any way but did all the updates as recommended. Also recalibrated sticks. It has flown great for two/three days since. But, today, despite full battery charge, it started to sound klaxon and then gave me the Communication With Battery Issue and then Invalid Battery signal.

I did the reseating of battery, turning everything off and then back on, but still get the invalid battery signal. I have version 1.05.

Suggestions?

clean the battery contacts and check that the small spring contacts on phantom are moving

one friend of mine has found that raising with a little soldered tin the small round contacts on battery
add that little extra that help the spring contacts touch better ...

but of course this is a thing you have to do only if you feel familiar with soldering ;)

i will double clean the contacts...can't touch the soldering though....i could lock up the whole thing in a massive glob of metal! been reading old posts...some also say that they need to "reload the new version" so i might resort to that, too.

thank you.

As the battery is inserted, the two contact dots on the battery
should make contact with the two mating spring-loaded
plunger contacts in the battery compartment of the P2V.
Since these plungers are said to allow depression of about
3 mm, in use they should be depressed about 1 to 2 mm
in order to make good good contact with the battery.

One member measured his P2V and a battery very carefully,
and concluded that the tips of the plungers JUST BARELY
made contact with the battery's dots.

Assuming this is accurate and typical, perhaps due to a
manufacturing dimension in the battery which recessed
the dots too far, or a manufacturing mis-positioning of
the two plunger contacts, vibration could easily "open"
the contacts.

When I get my P2V next week (shipped yesterday), I
intend to do some careful measuring.
1. On the P2V, measure (A) from the outside face of the
battery compartment to the tips of the plungers.
2. On the battery, measure (B) how far the dots are recessed
from the protective "collar" around them.
3. Then, measure the distance (C) from that collar to the inside
edge of the battery "cap", which touches the outside face of the
battery compartment when the battery is fully inserted.

C - B "should be" about 1 mm more than A, for a "solid" contact.
If A is more than C - B, the plungers will not even touch the dots.
If they barely touch, the contact could be intermittent.

Perhaps others could do the same measurements, and report here.

I've heard this 'klaxon" sound two times today, but did not notice the "communication with battery Issue" and the "invalid battery signal" (I was to busy concentrating on the Vision).
Is the "invalid battery signal" an audio signal or does it show up on the display?

invalid battery signal showed up on monitor (iphone).

cleaned contacts and then reseated battery. worked fine at first. then, after a couple of minutes of flying, it slowly lost power and landed itself right where it was. i could, temporarily, run the throttle up and make it climb and them move it to a better landing zone, but i only had a little time to do that before it went into auto land by itself, whatever it was over. had plenty of sat signals and this time had no invalid battery sign or anything.

WTF?

i will check that...i do know that, after measuring, it seems the battery contact points barely touch the spring loaded pins.

just looked and all three cells at max amount.

while I had the assistant open I also confirmed that all updates have been done.

flew this am and, for the most part, it worked fine. however, did get the signal of "abnormal communication with battery...please fly with caution" signal on iphone. landed the bird and reseated battery and took off. no problem.

i think that, lol, i'll duct tape the battery very tightly into its mount and see if this fixes the issue. if it does, i'll tend to think that there is very minor contact with electrodes and that vibration tends to work battery loose just a hair. so, the southern boy duct tape fix might work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik