Phantom 2 Vision Helps Save Puppy Trapped in Swamp

Reaction score
My town is once again in the news for "good" drone use. This past Monday, our Fire Department used its Phantom Vision to help rescue a puppy that was trapped in a swamp. That makes two "good" drone uses in less than 60 days in my town alone. (The first was my fire & explosives flight.)

Here's a link to the story.

Nice, thanks for sharing! Seems like CT is becoming the epicenter of happydronestories :)

I see the dept decided to go ahead and get their own vision after you used yours. Should we have your new business cards made up:

Peter Sachs, Esq
Director, Public Sector Sales, NE Territory
DJI NA

It's actually pretty odd that my little town, (of all towns given my drone law stuff), is that epicenter right now. Yes the FD got their own Phantom and I'm helping to train and drafting the Standard Drone Operation Procedures. They do not have a COA, and they have no intention of applying for one. I've advised them COAs have no basis in law and are entirely unnecessary.

And that would be nice if DJI were to offer that. :)

Considering all the bad press on "drones" we should make a concerted effort to share this article....there is a FB share icon at bottom of article.

Wicked cool story .... will have to drop a line to the RSPCA here and let them know can help with animal overflight searching if they need ... screw people (paranoid mostly anyway) so could help the animals out when lost ..... ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj