Phantom 2 Vision GoPro Conversion

Reaction score
What if us Phantom 2 Vision owner's could have a GoPro 1-axis mount that would swap with the FC200?

The existing Vision Damping Bracket contains the servo so all we need is a GoPro mount that has the FC200 Top Case style shape. The question I have is the pin-out of the mini-plug that plugs in to the rear of the FC200. Anybody? Obviously, it vdc power and maybe video out. That would be easy to adapt to a GoPro and then we would have FPV with GoPro. Running without its battery pack might be a good idea to lighten the load on the little servo.

Any idea where the 2.4GHz video transmitter lives on the Phantom 2 Vision? Hope it's not inside the FC200, that would be a little problem.

This could be a very easy project with great results. Who can help, we could shapeways to print the case adapter and DIY cable converter.

All the wifi is inside the camera and the telemetry is sent to the camera via the cable in the back. Good idea but not a diy project.

Yes i forgot. It would be absolutely possible. Although the antenna inside the gopro would have very dismal range. Aslo you wouldn't be able to tilt the gimble or receive telemetry. It would be easier to just mount the gopro to the bottom of the vision camera or something along those lines.

Bill_Burkert said:
GoPro has WiFi?

Only certain versions of the GoPro have wifi. The Wifi runs at 2.4ghz so it could be used on a Phantom 2 Vision with the Visions camera tuned off, as well as the Phantom FC40 which also uses a 5.8ghz tx.

Bill_Burkert said:
What if us Phantom 2 Vision owner's could have a GoPro 1-axis mount that would swap with the FC200?

The existing Vision Damping Bracket contains the servo so all we need is a GoPro mount that has the FC200 Top Case style shape. The question I have is the pin-out of the mini-plug that plugs in to the rear of the FC200. Anybody? Obviously, it vdc power and maybe video out. That would be easy to adapt to a GoPro and then we would have FPV with GoPro. Running without its battery pack might be a good idea to lighten the load on the little servo.

Any idea where the 2.4GHz video transmitter lives on the Phantom 2 Vision? Hope it's not inside the FC200, that would be a little problem.

This could be a very easy project with great results. Who can help, we could shapeways to print the case adapter and DIY cable converter.

But what would be accomplished in this way?

Getting higher quality image of gopro, while losing FC-200's control and OSD?

I think you would lose nothing if the GoPro mount was like the FC200 so then the app would still give you everything. basically a different video source and everything else the same. Get the GoPro to connect to the range extender.

Bill_Burkert said:
I think you would lose nothing if the GoPro mount was like the FC200 so then the app would still give you everything. basically a different video source and everything else the same. Get the GoPro to connect to the range extender.

You will lose the OSD, compass and position bearing screen (lower left). Control of the gimbal servo via app.

Bill_Burkert said:

You would be loosing everything as the Phantom 2 Visions camera is what makes the Vision a vision. You will loose all telemetry and OSD and DJI app functionality. The only point would be to do a temporary swap should you need to use your gopro and maybe the Zemuse H32D gimbal and swap back and forth as needed.

Well you would loose if you did't replace with the mini iosd... But if you did there would be nothing to loose...
I am looking into this modification And the only stumbling block is the clashing transmitter frequencies...
I was plan inning to put a fatshark transmitter but the problem is they operate in the same frequency as the remote on the phantom. Does anybody know if it is possible to replace the transmitter on the phantom basically converting back to a regular phantom 2 instead vision?

Project MotorPixie has a GoPro mount, already 3D-printable.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8969&p=214543#p194163

You can certainly replace the tx on the Vision... but it's not a inconsequential process. You can find several threads on here that track the progress others who have done it.

I do have to wonder what the point is, though. If you want to hang a GoPro from a Phantom, you would be soooooo better off to buy a P2 and just get a Zenmuse. That is, afterall, precisely what that platform is designed for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj