Phantom 2 Vision + goggles

Reaction score
Bought a Phantom 2 Vision about a month or so ago. Was never a hobbyist in regards to RC devices like this before, (Drones, RC planes, etc.) However I love gadgets of all kinds, Oculus Rift last year one of the more recent things. I have to say I do enjoy enjoy this gadget, just the different perspectives alone are awesome and I love taking videos and photos then showing them to friends and family. At any rate enough of about my semi introduction and on to my question(s). I would like to be able to use a FPV goggle type thing with my P2V, I've seen things for a thing called fatshark and something called skyzone I believe and was just curious what my options are for a phantom 2 Vision if any. Maybe I just didn't look into it enough but any options out there compatible with vision 2? Most of the things I've seen are with the stock vision 2 or one with gopro. Am I SoL on this one and if not, is it simple modifications? (Soldering is out of my league if it needs to go that far.)

I enjoy my new hobby and look forward to future discussions on these forums.

Regards,
Solidus

I'd say the best option for goggles for the P2 Vision/Vision+ are the Epson Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=V11H560020&BV_UseBVCookie=yes

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBwFlOac0bA[/youtube]

The best feature of these glasses is the transparency so you can see your surroundings while also viewing the LCD screen for FPV flying. No other set of goggles has this feature. It makes it possible to enjoy a big FPV screen but also able to see the controller so you can flip S1/S2 switches and adjust antennas, etc. It comes with an Android touchpad so you won't need a phone for the Vision app.

Biggest drawback is the steep price ($700) and right now they are only available as "developer version". I called Epson tech support and they said a lot of Phantom owners are buying them, but they have yet to be released as a consumer product that will have even more features when they hit shelves this fall (for non-FPV use as well as FPV).

I have the BT200 glasses and love them. Biggest downside I've seen is that you cant use the waypoint feature.

Seems cool and appears it is in stock. On the fence about getting it now but leaning towards getting it. When I was thinking about getting my phantom I was not sure if the hobby would stick and if I'd think it was worth it since I had just about no experience with a drone . (It was well worth it!) Would you guys say that these goggles will be worth it as well?

after having them for a few weeks, I could certainly say I would purchase them again in a heartbeat.

I personally can't give any first person advice about the Moverio BT-200 because I havent bought them yet. Still on the fence about whether to wait until they are a full-fledged consumer-ready product because I would have uses for it other than FPV.

Plus, VINITA's post somewhat deflates my enthusiasm for them right now because I'd like to use them during Ground Station flights. I'm sure this feature will be available once they become market-ready goggles.

Well, pulled the trigger and ordered one. Got a party coming up in the next few weeks. Will be cool to show it off to my family there provided it doesn't rain.

Missing the gs part of the app is definitely a downer, also I haven't been successful in "rooting" the glasses so I could install the wifi booster app either. You've probably read that you have to download and install apk files to load apps on the glasses, due to not having google play access. I don't want to sound to negative towards the glasses because I do love them. There's another thread on here that has a guide to root and install google play and booster, I was just not able to pull it off and with 600 bucks at stake I didn't want to end up with a really expensive pair of awkward looking sunglasses.

Speaking of that fpv booster app, I noticed it said for vision+ but does that work for regular vision also? I got some tall woods in the back of my yard I'd like to fly over+ a clearing behind that, just approaching the woods seems to make my vid connection feed sketchy then loose signal completely halfway through. I would really like to try to go through that area without having to trail behind the drone, plus seems like an inexpensive way of doing so....still don't want to buy it to find out it doesn't work with mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.