Phantom 2 Vision gets hit by a firework

Surprisingly there was no damage. I think by the time the Phantom was hit the piece that hit it was cooled down.

Wow, you were right in the midst of it all. Can you tell it got hit for sure, or perhaps there's a shockwave that's strong enough to rock the Phantom if it's close by when the firework goes off?

It's possible that part of the firework went right under the propeller creating an air pocket like effect. The Phantom has never jolted like that before.

How do you fly at night? FPV? I'd be concerned about not being able to find my way back again, or do you rely on RTH?

OK, very cool perspective, but are you insane?

This is COMPLETELY irresponsible. What if one of those hits the 'copter took sent it crashing into who knows what, or who on the ground. Posting videos like this is fuel for the FAA to ban these altogether - use some common sense!

I want to continue flying and doing video. Stunts like this will bring us all down.

Again: USE SOME COMMON SENSE.

Grrrrr.... He's flying over the Sea :twisted:
Whats the death toll up to now from people getting massacred by falling phantoms? It must be up to 174 this week alone :roll:

Nice video!

CactusJackSlade said:

This is COMPLETELY irresponsible. What if one of those hits the 'copter took sent it crashing into who knows what, or who on the ground. Posting videos like this is fuel for the FAA to ban these altogether - use some common sense!

I want to continue flying and doing video. Stunts like this will bring us all down.

Way to fly off the handle and spaz out for no good reason. You dont even know what he is flying over and your freaking out.

Neat video by the way....Thanks for posting up!

CactusJackSlade said:

I guess this is one situation where I don't agree.
Seems like Zeta was flying pretty responsibly to me... flying over the ocean and shooting back toward land, rather than the other way around.

For this type of subject matter, that's about as safe as you can get.

Whether people got freaked out seeing a Phantom flying among the fireworks is a whole 'nother thing.

Pretty nice............however please leave your gimbal tilt alone. I was getting sea sick :lol: . You might want to slow it way down, I have mine set at 3

People are indignant about this whole quadcoper safety thing... just because the copter isn't being flown in a farmer's field or a desert doesn't make it unsafe.

Nice video but......too close. Were you trying to get your quad destroyed by fireworks?
I would have liked to do about the same from a safer distance but here the quad over Lake Michigan would be as bad as over the land. Normal to have about 250 boats out in the lake at that time. No safe place with 20,000 people around the area watching the fireworks. The two and a half hour traffic jamb is something to NOT see when it is all over.

Happyflyer said:
Nice video but......too close. Were you trying to get your quad destroyed by fireworks?
I would have liked to do about the same from a safer distance but here the quad over Lake Michigan would be as bad as over the land. Normal to have about 250 boats out in the lake at that time. No safe place with 20,000 people around the area watching the fireworks. The two and a half hour traffic jamb is something to NOT see when it is all over.

I thought about it being hit and destroyed. That's the only risk I was willing to take. Fortunately the fireworks are over the ocean with no one under the quadcopter to get injured in case I was hit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4