Phantom 2 Vision Float Boat

• Thread starter Deleted member 6917
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6917

I am leaving tomorrow for the St. Johns's River in FL to stay on a house boat for the week. I am taking 10 cameras, fluid head tripods, sliders, an my Phantom 2 Vision to capture images of migrating birds, alligators, manatee, bald eagles, and whatever else that gets in front of my lens. Got a idea yesterday that it would be cool to put the Phantom on the water and get some video from that angle, so I converted a Omaha Steak cooler (Christmas Gift) to a little pontoon boat for my Phantom. I made sure that there is a hook up for a small cord coming back to me on the float boat, just in case it decides to tip forward. I have also attached a GoPro on the side connected to my phone app to capture pan moves of the craft. Should be interesting...Figured I could have some control over the boat with the Phantom controls to push, pull and rotate it...we shall find out Sat. Well at least I am not going to try to fly it with all that prop blocker styrafoam underneath blocking lift. Just use as a boat for low angles to the water. May also use a polarizing filter for straight down shots in clear water. Will report back next week with some footage. Thanks.

Attachments

• Phantom Float Boat 1.jpg
    Phantom Float Boat 1.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 1,667
  • Phantom Float Boat 3.jpg
    Phantom Float Boat 3.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 838
  • Phantom Float Boat 4.jpg
    Phantom Float Boat 4.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 684
Would one call that a Phantamaran or a Catavision?
Very cool! Looking forward to seeing pics.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic