Phantom 2 Vision First & Last to Fly Inside Vikings Stadium

Reaction score
The Minneapolis Metrodome where the Vikings play is being torn down to build a new state of the art stadium. As a result, many of the area RC guys were flying in there on the last day 12/20/2013 that anyone could get in. I heard about this and rushed down to the dome so I could get the DJI photographed in there before they demolished it. The WiFi didn't work in there so I was not able to get any video from the quad, but did get some from my cell phone.

The DJI 2 Vision is the first and last quadcopter to fly in the dome. I was the last pilot to land before security rallied everyone to pack up. I was lucky, all I had was 30 minutes to fly before it all ended.

My girl was the last RC to fly in the Minneapolis Metro Dome. Hope you all like the shots. If I can find a way to get my video now transferred from my cell phone to the PC, I will load it here also. When the new stadium is completed in 2015, I will try to be the first DJI pilot in there also.

Attachments

• 20131219_134518.jpg
    20131219_134518.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 585
  • 20131219_134508.jpg
    20131219_134508.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 578
Re: Phantom 2 Vision First & Last to Fly Inside Vikings Stad

Qwadjok said:
The Minneapolis Metrodome where the Vikings play is being torn down to build a new state of the art stadium. As a result, many of the area RC guys were flying in there on the last day 12/20/2013 that anyone could get in. I heard about this and rushed down to the dome so I could get the DJI photographed in there before they demolished it. The WiFi didn't work in there so I was not able to get any video from the quad, but did get some from my cell phone.

The DJI 2 Vision is the first and last quadcopter to fly in the dome. I was the last pilot to land before security rallied everyone to pack up. I was lucky, all I had was 30 minutes to fly before it all ended.

My girl was the last RC to fly in the Minneapolis Metro Dome. Hope you all like the shots. If I can find a way to get my video now transferred from my cell phone to the PC, I will load it here also. When the new stadium is completed in 2015, I will try to be the first DJI pilot in there also.

Man... Wouldn't it be awesome to have access to that place for the rest of the winter?

-slinger

Re: Phantom 2 Vision First & Last to Fly Inside Vikings Stad

Yup, but with the old being torn down and a new facility not ready for two years, we have a lot of snowy days ahead before we can do this again.

I still fly outside, but when it gets close to zero outside, my cell phone freezes up. I find if I can stay above 20 degrees F. it does better but I do have a lot of open space here in the countryside.

QJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj