Phantom 2 Vision Crash Please Help

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom Vision and it is not functioning now. The back left prop doesn't spin any more. Also, the Phantom has a loud beeping sound coupled with a flashing red light on the underside. Can anyone point me to how I might resolve these issues?

Thanks for the help!

Flashing red underneath is from the receiver - it's no longer bound to the transmitter. The manual on page 11 to 12 has the process. If that doesn't work then you may have killed the receiver.

The motor might be damaged, or it could be the electronic speed controller. If you are confident with soldering you could unsolder a known good motor and put it to the suspect controller. If the motor works, then the original motor is gone. If the known good motor doesn't work then the ESC is probably gone.

All of these parts are available as spares, though you may need to do some googling to find dealers who stock all. If you aren't confident in soldering then you may as well send it to a reputable dealer and pay for them to repair it.

Good luck!

The user manual for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision... The 59 page document you must have read at least once before taking off for the first time? :shock:

You know, the one quite close to the top of this page: http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as a d!ckhead, but I really hope we are at cross purposes and you have read the manual before throwing $1200 into the wide blue yonder. :)

It wasn't a linking issue.

I forgot to mention earlier that the lights under the wing (green ones) aren't lit either. It's almost as if the whole wing (including lights and motor) aren't getting any power. Is there a connection that may have come loose in the crash?

Thanks.

How about a little more information. What happen to crash your phantom? Did it crash into the ground or hit a tree? Did it crash into water?

What kind of damage to the outside of the Phantom? Any photos?

You will most likely have to open up the phantom to check for damage inside. Check youtube for video's on how to open up your phantom.

Pull_Up said:
What he said.

What I said.

What?

RTFM baby :) ... hell, I read every manual for P1, P2, P2V ... NAZA M etc etc etc... watched every video on youtube, checked google for anything DJI ... then basically read every post on this forum ..... and that was BEFORE I even bought my P2v .... then once had it ...... went through the entire lot all over again ..... :shock: :arrow: :idea: :D

I agree with Gmannz. I'm almost 60 years old and I'm still new to the drones. I've built and owned most types rc cars, planes, boats and helicopters. Altho this is the easiest to operate it is also the most expensive and advance rc I have owned.

I've flown mine for a total of 5 successful flights and I get twitchy everytime.
I keep practicing landings and takeoffs. I've not been over 200 feet altitude. :?
Today I switched to nazam mode and I'm still studying it.

This is by far the most fun RC operated vehicle I've owned.
I still have 8th scale nitro 4 wheel drive cars that I enjoy racing but nothing compares to the Phantom Vision.

My biggest issue is not being able to tell front from back when its far away. I'm sure I will figure that out too.

People on this forum have been a great help. I could spend hours thanking them all for there helpful post.
I'm retired Army so a crash would hurt. I read over and over and hope it doesn't happen.

Accidents do happen but being prepared will help limit the damage.

Pull_Up said:
(to help with orientation keep the radar display open on the phone until you get used to judging which way round she's pointing)
I will do that,, thanks so much..

Yes. Read, watch youtube videos and most of all, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!! :D

If you've flown R/C planes or helis, you are already familiar with "nose in" and "nose out". DJI actually has a nice practice guide. If you've never flown an R/C aircraft of any kind, I would recommend completing those exercises.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj