Phantom 2 vision camera servo

Jay

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted to know where can i buy a servo from for the phantom 2 vision camera :?:

Thats on part dji dont sell with out having to buy an entire whole new camera.

if you want to replace one with out having to replace the entire camera. You will have to find either some one thats got a busted camera but a good servo to sell you there's or find a comparable mini servo and wire it to have the plug and rig the gear thingy to it.

If you find a used/broken camera for parts, I am looking for the plastic capture button. This was one of the parts that was thrown away on my P2V teabagger. :D

jiminyfixit said:
If you find a used/broken camera for parts, I am looking for the plastic capture button. This was one of the parts that was thrown away on my P2V teabagger. :D

Found out the small screw in the side under that little rubber part was loose so the servo wasn't gripping properly :D
The joys of buying one off eBay :lol:

I so wish DJI or some other place sold replacements parts for the camera as well. I just literally used the search on here nothing came up about camera parts LOL but google did after I made a topic..my screw is gone completely as is the rubber cover and now the plastic cog that goes onto the servo cog it's self is stripped..(from a crash) so it prob wasn't tight either.otherwise it prob wouldn't have went missing or got stripped.

I just got a camera on ebay recently and right of the bat that tiny black screw was lose. So I tightened it up and it came lose again. Then it fell out at some point the same day because I didnt put the rubber cover over the hole and I lost the screw some place in my house. So I took an extra screw that fits the ESCs and tried that. even tho its not the right thread size or pitch. It worked perfect and is staying in now and also is long enough to actually get some grip inside the brass gear. and has been staying put.

melenco4 said:
I so wish DJI or some other place sold replacements parts for the camera as well. I just literally used the search on here nothing came up about camera parts LOL but google did after I made a topic..my screw is gone completely as is the rubber cover and now the plastic cog that goes onto the servo cog it's self is stripped..(from a crash) so it prob wasn't tight either.otherwise it prob wouldn't have went missing or got stripped.

I was lucky to catch it before the cog messed up the other part.Its a dam shame they don't sell the servo I guess they want us to pay out more money than is needed. :(

I wish I was...not to sure what I can do to fix this ..I guess I will try to come up with something just kinda sucks I know Ben7seven7 on YT has replaced his with a better one but ....not sure if I can do that and his cog wasn't messed up just the servo.

not sure if I can do that and his cog wasn't messed up just the servo.

Ben7seven7 says what kind of one he used to replace his servo. Or is it some thing else you are not sure if you can do? like soldering the new plug on or some thing like that?

It's the soldering LOL I suck at that but I guess i'll just have to get used to doing it! Thing is my servo is still good just the lil plastic cog that fits on the metal servo gear is stripped.

You might have to find a way to make a part that will fit if yu cant find some one with a busted camera to get the part from

I'm in the process of trying to locate a servo for the camera. Question; what is the difference between digital and analog, with respect to servo designation? Or, which one does DJI use? Hate to get the wrong one. The Emax ESo8MAII should fit the bracket, but the connector, of course, is different, and the description, (analog VS digital), needs to be sorted out. The Emax O8MD is too big. Now I need to make a little plastic thingy that fits on the shaft. :?

You certainly don't need a digital servo - the Phantom servo is not very precise or quick. You don't even need metal gears. And all servos come with plastic horns that fit on the splined shaft. You just need to trim one with a craft knife to fit in the hole in the camera's projecting lug.
Servos like the ones below will almost do the job. You would need to trim the hole in the mount that holds the servo since though the projection on the top of the servo is the right shape, it's just a bit bigger than the hole in the mount.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Tower-Pro- ... 4610b3ae72

I used one of these servos in a new mount to allow the camera to point vertically downwards, but though it worked, I switched to using funkdoobies mod instead - see viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20089

Attachments

• vmount.jpg
    vmount.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 509
Jay said:
Hi all just wanted to know where can i buy a servo from for the phantom 2 vision camera :?:

I used this servo in the end had to cut the sides off the servo and make a new plastic part that the metal servo cog goes into.Also had to put a small plastic piece behind servo as it's slightly shorter than the original.And had to cut off and solder the original connector on. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111398211045

Flying at near horizontal causes the camera servo to be pushed against its upper stop as you fly around.
This, in turn, moves your original setting down below horizontal.When I am flying it, I adjust the slider so the camera is horizontal. However, it does not stay there. After a couple of minutes it drifts down toward the center of the slider position, requiring constant adjustment upwards.

Thanks

xtreme-items

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1