Phantom 2 Vision battery charging fault

Reaction score
Hey, hope someone can help.

I purchased the phantom 2 vision, fully charged the battery. Flew fine, charged the battery a second time, flew fine and when i went to charge the battery the third time it wont charge.

The black charge box has a red light for 5mins then it turns green. The battery has one green light that flashes for a while then turns off.

When i plug the battery back into the phantom the red lights flash saying the battery is flat and only one green bar flashes on the battery.

Ive connected the battery up to the computer via the phantom and it doesnt come up with any errors, it just says battery percentage 0%

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 798
Not as far as Im aware. It still turns on when its not connected to anything and one green light flashes on it. Online though it suggests to drain the battery once every so many charges though I e only charged 3 times

you dont want to drain the battery completely. Draining it below 20% will damage your battery, and good chance you wont be able to use it after that.

If i power the battery up so that the red light is on on the battery, the green level light flashes and on the charging unit the light goes red. If the battery is off the light on the charger goes green....

socman said:
you dont want to drain the battery completely. Draining it below 20% will damage your battery, and good chance you wont be able to use it after that.

The Phantom 2 Instructions say: "Users should discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on." Also says: "We recommend discharging and charging the battery completely once every 3 months to keep it in good condition."

I'm just wondering why you mention here that draining it below 20% will damage your battery? Thanks - J

stewdaddy said:
socman said:

The Phantom 2 Instructions say: "Users should discharge the battery until there is less than 8% power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on." Also says: "We recommend discharging and charging the battery completely once every 3 months to keep it in good condition."

I'm just wondering why you mention here that draining it below 20% will damage your battery? Thanks - J

The draining below 20% only applies to standard lipo batteries. The P2 batteries lights/% are re: flight time not % of total voltage.

Re: Charging issue - try turning on battery then charge it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4