Phantom 2 Videos, Juneau Alaska

That is very unfortunate. I've crashed many times but luckily I bought a first generation Phantom, so it came "naked", without a gimbal or other equipment. I soon learned the hard way that I needed to practice flying before I risked adding a gimbal, camera and fpv. With prices dropping steadily for first-gen Phantoms, they'll soon be selling as trainers. Not a bad idea....

Good luck!

thrasher9 said:

Thanks.
It was a hard lesson learned. The image in my brain is forever burned as it flew right into the tree. I can laugh about it today.

The funny part is the battery housing shattered. It's too bad I can't just order a new plastic housing to install it into as it still functions.
The motors and props all work. The P2 body only had a few scuffs. I actually removed the battery housing and can still fly the P2.

The gimbal took a hit on the bottom silver piece. It rotates about 2 mm and I don't recall if that had play in it before. If I line the half moon post on the other side so it's horizontal the gimbal actually still works. If the silver piece rotates a little bit it starts to twitch and get confused.

FLY UP! That is what I need to burn into my brain, FLY UP!

Ahhh . . . the old, "flew my phantom into a tree routine". Been there. Twice.
First time there was over 2 feet of snow out which broke the fall and I made it out, totally unscathed. The second was a RTH test that resulted in a busted gimbal.

I know it's hindsight now, but watch out for those trees!

Hey man don't beat yourself up. I actually beat you by a day which is very hard to do.. I got mine overnight shipped Friday, got here Saturday afternoon, and into a tree by Sunday. Luckily everything seems to be okay after re-attaching the gimbal that broke off and was saved by the power cord but I only took an 8-10 ft drop. It was a very sad day for me but you're right at least we can laugh at it now.

FRS said:
Hey man don't beat yourself up. I actually beat you by a day which is very hard to do.. I got mine overnight shipped Friday, got here Saturday afternoon, and into a tree by Sunday. Luckily everything seems to be okay after re-attaching the gimbal that broke off and was saved by the power cord but I only took an 8-10 ft drop. It was a very sad day for me but you're right at least we can laugh at it now.

That made me laugh. It's a right of passage I guess. Thanks for the comment....did you have video?

Yeah I have a video of it. I will try and have a link up tomorrow so we can all laugh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers