Phantom 2 ver 1 with HD-3D gimbal

Reaction score
I'm buying the P2 original version with a Zenmuse 3d gimbal. I do not know if it is the v1 or v2 of the gimbal yet. Question is, I have a Hero2 (yes it's older) so, can I strap it to the gimbal and use it as-is, meaning no FPV? Will the gimbal not stabilize if the wiring is not connected to the GoPro? I find nowhere in docs where the Hero2 is supported, only the 3/3+. Perhaps they only support the 3/3+ for FPV purposes.

Any help is appreciated.

Ok I got you. I'll need to offset the front-bias weight my H2 adds. That aside, assuming I don't want to do FPV, can I just leave it disconnected and fly "blind"? Thanks again.

dotJake said:
Ok I got you. I'll need to offset the front-bias weight my H2 adds. That aside, assuming I don't want to do FPV, can I just leave it disconnected and fly "blind"? Thanks again.

correct: the GoPro operates independently of the gimbal you do not NEED to plug in the H3-3D's connector. The gimbal simply stabilizes the gopro and gets it's input from the flight computer, and the gopro can run off battery.

physically plugging in the gimbal only provides power to the gopro, and brings video signal back to the mainboard for FPV. If you don't need either of those, just don't plug in the connector.

start watching internet deal sites and such, the price of the GoPro Hero3's really dropped when the Hero4 came out. For example I've seen a lot of deals recently where a GoPro Hero 3 is like $199 and comes with $25 or even $50 gift cards from places like Wal-Mart so it doesn't cost THAT much to get to a Hero3 nowadays

Thanks for clarifying.
Yea I know they can be had for less than normal, too bad this isn't my only hobby....

Thx again..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj