Phantom 2 v2 Standard to Vision+

also do you know the dji part # for the p2 to p2v parts? ex.part #22. if you do itd make it way easier to get the parts haha

Hey trixler,
When you say standard, you mean just a plain p2 non vision? Right?
As the STANDARD reference, is usually referred to the P3 ( Standard ).

To use a GoPro with the zenmuse gimbal, you should not need the vision hardware. Just the proper wiring! You must also make sure your phantom mainboard, is the updated one, it will say HD-2D v2.
If it is an older phantom it may have to older board, I've personally never seen one with the older board, but remember reading about it, where members had to update their mainboard to use the first zenmuse h2-2d ( I believe? ) or something like that. Now I've never setup a GoPro, or even ever owned one, so I cannot offer much help there, but I know a LOT of people use them, I believe you need a FPV setup of some sort ( things like videoTx, receiver, batter ( 3s ) or hard wired, monitor ) things of that nature, again, I wish I could help you more, but I'm really not familiar, other than what I've read.

I'm sure someone here, can better help you in that matter!
These guys/gals, are brilliant!:cool:

Ok
The vision camera,
It is actually a really nice camera, and durable, has its own wifi unit built in, can't ask for much more, where they failed is the 1 axis gimbal, PITCH ONLY! Which I think is their only fail with this craft, but on the other hand the vision gimbal is super tough, rarely breaks in a crash, but rather comes loose from crash, you might get a torn cable, or broken jello ball, but the darn camera will still work! ( again, not a 400' fall onto concrete ) I'm talking like if you clip a tree limb, or bump a tele pole! Things like that.

Now,
They do make several pretty nice 2 axis aftermarket gimbals, from $60 - $300, depending on what you want to spend, these gimbal also fit go pros ( not all but most do ) the egg camera on a 2 axis gimbal, is pretty sweet and cheap.
Here is a VERY short video I took a while back, after gimbal install
( China 2 axis gimbal, with the fc200 camera EGG )
( short video is due to battery failure, shortly after takeoff! )

I don't know about you, but I was pretty impressed with it. Now it won't touch a P3! But still very nice for a p2.

Just search around, I'm sure you will find LOTS of really cool builds with all kinds of different gimbals, and cameras!
Like I said, these guys/gals are brilliant!

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
I have been doing some research and i keep coming back to this site haha. currently i have the generation 2 p2 with a h3-3d on it (it crashed last month destroying the h4-3d and h4) I might get an ebay fpv kit but i wanted to see options of converting to p2v first.

I do not know all the part numbers off hand, but I can find out, after the holiday, or just search eBay, a lot of the auctions have the DJI part numbers. Also I have a friend, that has all the parts you'd need for any build you want, cheaper than everyone and guarantees his stuff 100%. Let me know, I can pm his info if you want, this guy has over 6,000 drones.

J Dot

Will do! I have to spend 3 days in the bahamas leaving tomorrow, hoping to bring the phantom for some good pics. i need fpv for sure. If i put p2v parts would it be able to link to my phone?

Yeah p2v,
Only big item would be the camera, the extenders are cheap, I have about 15 extras myself, if you are still running the 2.4ghz tx and receiver, that will have to change, as camera uses that frequency, so you need a 5.8ghz radio setup. And 2 wires. That is it!

Wires
Camera/gimbal
Extender
And if you are the wrong frequency ( should say on rear of Tx )
Then you'll need
Tx ( 5.8ghz )
Receiver ( 5.8ghz )

It is really quite simple to do!

J Dot

Yes
With the vision parts, it will be a live feed to your phone or tablet.
There is a slight delay, to your phone but not bad!
You just link your phone to the phantoms unique wifi, as you would to your house wifi!

J Dot

What would be cheeper. An eBay kit and dedicated monitor. Or putting dji parts? Im down for the challenge either way but i like the phone as its more convenient

It all depends on what you can get a working camera egg for? I've bought them for as low as $50 and as much as $150, just depends, I'll call my buddy tomorrow evening, and ask him what he would sell the needed parts for in a bundle deal?

I'll let you know
J Dot

Sounds good! See what hed price p2v and p2v+. I would like to see the cost difference

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20