Phantom 2 (v1) or F450

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to Drones and want some advice from experienced users on what to buy.

I want to use the drone for aerial photography and have a budget of £400.

I can get a second hand Phantom 2 fitted with a Zenmuse Gimbal for £399 ready to fly or do I get a self build F450 fitted with Nazza 2 for £399 the F450 would require me to buy a gimbal so I can use my GoPro4

What would you buy and why ? This will help me make my decision.

Thank you.

I personally have the phantom 2 with a gimbal and fpv (first person view) set up I think it's more than enough to start with using a GoPro 4 I'm a hobbyist that like to get my hands on things and if I'm not mistaken the f450 is supposed to be a self build and if I was to buy something that is a diy type of build id rather diy myself than to already buy it assembled but that's my opinion. Good luck

Hi Mike 2015, i am flying both the P2 (with Zenmuse gimbal + GoPro3+), and the F550 (with Walkera G3-D gimbal and the same GoPro3+). I can tell that the two drones address different people. While the P2 is a ready-to-fly piece with little you can do on your own, the F450/550 is just a kit of parts where you have to chose your flight controller, ESC's, batteries etc.and to assemble all into some flyable hardware. So, besides the budget, you have to think if you just want to fly out-of-the-box, or you enjoy to put your hands on... For me, the F450/550 would give more chances to create what you really want. Have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20