Phantom 2 V1.8 3d gimbal question?

Reaction score
Hi all. Ok, So I'm using firmware 1.8 with my P2 and attached is a 3d gimbal. When using the assistant software there is a specific page for the 2d gimbal and I get why this is. My question is this. Displayed on the 2d gimbal page is a radio button for on or off. So I have the 3d, should this be on or off? Logic would say off and it is off and the gimbal appears to work fine. I'm interested to find out what decision others have made in relation to this? Do you have this on or off and does it make any difference either way?

There is no specific support for the 3D gimbal in firmware 1.08 so there is no telling what the 2D settings in the assistant will do for your 3D gimbal. You're better off getting current.

When I replaced the 2D with the 3D, I didn't make any changes in the software with 1.08. It flew with no issues that I could tell.

I have since updated to the latest 3.04. I appreciate the slow descent but not liking the slowness of all other directions. I'm also noticing major drift to the right, when going straight, since the update but not sure if that's coincidental. I think I had that problem before but it seems to be worse now. I recalibrated the compass this morning and still have the same (drift) issue.

I am going to go into the software and do an advanced IMU calibration to see if that helps.

I really want my speed back but am afraid of any incompatibilities. Don't wanna lose the bird!

And to answer your question, I don't know what I had that set to before. I just opened the old 1.08 software and neither was checked. I don't know what that means.

ianwood said:
There is no specific support for the 3D gimbal in firmware 1.08 so there is no telling what the 2D settings in the assistant will do for your 3D gimbal. You're better off getting current.

Current doesn't work for me. All sorts of drift and instability.

still keen to find out an answer to my question..... Some of you guys with 3d and 1.8 will be able to answer this...

The on/off did nothing on the 2D gimbal. BTW, I don't see any drifting issues with 3.04.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers