Phantom 2 V+ without camera and gimbal for osd ntsc

Reaction score
Hello!

So my gimbal went bust two weeks ago and dont want to spent $700 on a replacement. I know there are alternatives. However for the meantime I want to do some FPV with my FatSharks..

So I have a 2.4Ghz transmitter installed, disconnected the onboard wifi transmitter and attached a nice NTSC camera to the front.
I am now wondering how I can integrate some OSD info over the video.

Thoughts?

That's what the Mini iOSD is for. You'll also need to get the CAN bus cable adapter that the P2 comes with.
Or you can get one of those Chinese OSDs that install inline with the GPS (search "naza lite osd").

Thanks.. Would that work with the MC on the P2 V+? I have read on different forums that the V+ MC is different from the P2.
Can the V+ accept a hub? Do I really need a hub if I dont have many cambus items?

Only a suggestion...

There are 3 cables from that attach to the gimbal board. 2 of them are bridges to power up the wifi module.
You can redirect the wifi module cable back into the CAM port. This will give you no video but will power up the wifi module with telemetry data. Just connect wifi to phone as per normal. The only problem is how to get that info back into the Fatty sharks.

If you do this, you are half way from connecting a H33d and gopro to a vision+.

Mako79, can you share more info about the function of the three cables, and how to redirect the wifi module cable back into the CAM port? I would like to remove my gimbal/camera but still get telemetry info. I am trying to protect my gimbal while I practice, then put it on when I want to capture videos.
Thanks!

Here you go. Just ignore the gopro and h33d part. You dont need to solder. Just split the gimbal cable and plug into cam port.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=34911

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20