Phantom 2 v + camera feed on app is blank please help

Reaction score
Phantom 2Vision plus, v + camera feed on app is blank / black please help

So I just pulled my V2+ out for a flight and figured I'd update all firmware not done since oct of last year, so I updated everything as well as the assistant software (including the app on my android phone and my ipad mini, both worked fine before update).

now I have no visual picture when connected to the quad.

I have telemetry data, can take video and stills (only visible with SD Card function, no "live" picture), can tilt the camera using app control and gimble works fine.

I have read other threads with the same problem, and no solutions has worked for me, others have suggested and I have : deleted and reloaded all software, same with both apps, reset wifi range extender, and rebound the camera, still nothing.

Anyone know of a fix to this problem?

Did you include updating the camera firmware in the process? The new version is specifically designed to fix what you are describing...

I think I did, unless there is a special way to do it.

I used the DJI Phantom Vision 2 Assistant software and updated everything they allowed for.

There's a special way. Go to their website, download the camera firmware, open it and read the readme file for instructions

This
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006

Took be the better part of 4 hours to figure out, but if all your cables are good and you loose video after takeoff more than likely your culprit. If you have no video at all even when cooled down, then I don't know what to tell ya. Once I lost video, I phisically had to put my finger on the dimple on the WiFi module after opening the bird up and after a few seconds the video magically appeared. The whole time telemetry was working great. Hope this helps figure out your problem.

I just added a heat sink and applyed artic silver to all hot spots and all seems good. Been streaming 480 30fps on the ground for almost an hour now.

Interesting, so the next morning I tried again, and everything worked...

Never had the problem before, and after thinking about it, I had just freshly charged my WiFi extender (so it was warm).....

here is another point, made a post on DJI's FB page and got this back:

"DJI Global Hi, apologies for the delay in response. Our support team advised that your wifi extender might have an issue. Please contact [email protected] and ask to have the wifi extender repaired"

Every now and again mine does that. It's a grey screen rather than a black one, right? Usually just existing the camera feed part of the app and going back in will bring it up. Sometimes you have to close the app and start it up again. I think it's a software bug but I don't know for sure.

If the screen is black then it's not the software bug. It's that stupid little 4 wire cable that plugs into the top of the camera. One of those 4 wires can wiggle loose just a bit. You can push the wire back into it's socket and use a dab of hot glue to hold it there. I replaced that entire cable.

And finally, it could be your WiFi Module is failing due to over heating. If you have caught it in time you can open up the WiFi module and use some Arctic Silver heat paste.

I experienced the same issue on my new V3 I just received.

Took about 10 minutes to figure out that the tablet I was using and the quad were not sharing the wifi on the tablet settings. I had both the Router and Phantom set as Saved Networks. Once I removed the Phantom all has worked fine.

If that doesn't help you in anyway you might see that that app and range extender are bound with each other. It also easy to go through the bonding process and forget to click the check mark at top of page.

In my case, I did it just after recharging the wifi booster.....

next morning everything had worked fine.... Booster overheated.

This btw is a know problem and DJI wanted me to send the booster back (in the first email I got from them) in response to my opening a call ticket....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj