Phantom 2 Standard Range

Reaction score
Hi, still fairly new to phantoms but just wondering a bit on the "range extender". My friend has the phantom 2 vision and he has a white range extender on the end of his transmitter and he has the feature of connecting his iphone wireless to use as fpv and data on screen. I recently got a phantom 2 with gopro and h3-3d setup. Will be setting up the fpv soon. Just wanting to clear up does the white range extender extend the fpv on his or is it extending the control circuit as it would be? He doesnt know whats its extending either. Also what sort of range would i have height wise and distance with a fully standard transmitter/receiver on the phantom 2? Just want to know what sort of limits i have? Cheers

Hi, still fairly new to phantoms but just wondering a bit on the "range extender". My friend has the phantom 2 vision and he has a white range extender on the end of his transmitter and he has the feature of connecting his iphone wireless to use as fpv and data on screen. I recently got a phantom 2 with gopro and h3-3d setup. Will be setting up the fpv soon. Just wanting to clear up does the white range extender extend the fpv on his or is it extending the control circuit as it would be? He doesnt know whats its extending either. Also what sort of range would i have height wise and distance with a fully standard transmitter/receiver on the phantom 2? Just want to know what sort of limits i have? Cheers

The range extender is used to extend the wifi range and is of no use for P2 non vision. The vision products operate on a frequency of 5.8GHz and the wifi video system operates at 2.4GHz. Where as the P2 non vision operates at 2.4GHz and the video at 5.8GHz. The wifi on the GoPro uses 2.4GHZ and trying to use it will interfere with the controller signals to the P2 nv.

Great, cheers mate... I thought that was the case... What sort of range could i fly it at without any upgraded antennas etc? Thanks mate

Great, cheers mate... I thought that was the case... What sort of range could i fly it at without any upgraded antennas etc? Thanks mate

DJI says 3280 feet or 999.744 meters that on a clear field. Of course if you can see it that far away.

Wow... Didnt realise it was as far as that, great stuff. That gives me more confident now then :) Cheers

Control range on mine cuts out at almost exactly a mile in a clear environment.

That is the distance DJI says it will go but that is further then you can see. Personally I don't have an ego to nurture with a pat on the back VLOS is all I need. The reason we have an FAA registration now is because to many here in this forum and else where feel that they can do as they please.

Yeah i would take it to thay extreme, just with me being new to Phantoms i had no idea how far it went at all? Nice to have a figure in mind. Whats VLOS sorry? Cheers

Yeah i would take it to thay extreme, just with me being new to Phantoms i had no idea how far it went at all? Nice to have a figure in mind. Whats VLOS sorry? Cheers

VLOS means visual line of sight. I believe the UK as the same rule plus a whole lot more.

That is the distance DJI says it will go but that is further then you can see. Personally I don't have an ego to nurture with a pat on the back VLOS is all I need. The reason we have an FAA registration now is because to many here in this forum and else where feel that they can do as they please.

Yeah, that's great.

Stock controllers for p2 usually will send it into RTH at about 2 miles. Remember to orientate the antenna sideways not pointing straight at it and it's best with the P2 to be sure to put a tracker on it because you have no way to find it if it goes down because there's no app with the last scene tool associated with the P2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1