Phantom 2 speed control problem

Reaction score
When I start up my phantom 2 it wii sit there a few minutesas i get ready to fly, all the sudden it startes increseing speed on its own...? When It first did this i grabbed it quickly an it continued to go to full speed, I was glad I eas closeenough to grab it... This could cause a fly away! What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Id be curious to know, this happened to me recently, and I had a fly away.

Did you get it back? Hope so.. I'm in Panama, and in some places i don't want to go running around in the jungle after my Drone...

This is not a defect per se but rather a know issue. Anytime you allow the motors to idle after start there is a potential for them to slowly rev up. The common theory is that the flight controller believes it is flying and makes corrections as the sensors/GPS drift. The motors are adjusted to try and compensate for the drift but this just results in a tip-over. Never leave the quad with the motors idling. If you start them plan to fly. When you land shut them off.

Last edited:
I did, fortunately. A couple hundred dollars later in repairs. I believe I repaired all the broken parts (shell, 1 esc, 2 motors and central control board). I've started it but have yet to fly it. When I do, I'll put it on a leash.

I feel the same way to put it on a leash.... and I do understand not leting it idle to long, Thanks and good luck..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20